Original topic:

Ice Maker Keeps Freezing

(Topic created on: 10/24/19 10:11 AM)
userwfid6XiLd8
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have a super fancy Samsung smart kitchen, including the fridge with the screen. The ice maker on the fridge keeps freezing! It looks like ice is getting stuck while it tries to fall into the bucket below but there is always a big chunck of ice up top, just stuck there. We are constantly having to defrost it, remove the ice and then within a week or two it is frozen again. I am so upset and cannot believe we spent so much money on an appliance that continues to fail. Has anyone found a fix for this? 

1,250 Replies
userYYvZ2bWQrr
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Any luck so far?  Looking at curdled milk and ice build up on the back panel.  Not looking forward to beach towels and the hairdryer experience.

0 Likes
userL3l5xcCEkn
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Trying this today! Thanks

0 Likes
user7v4b704RlG
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Just had the same problem with my one year old Samsung and like you, used a hair dryer to melt the ice in the vents. Now it is making a loud noise which leads me to believe  there is still ice beneath the panel. I had an old frigidaire that was still working after 23 years and replaced it with a Samsung only because of a rehab. Seems that was a mistake.  

Did it work to tilt the front of the frig up as someone suggested?

0 Likes
userRvULrDfrqd
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have model RF 23 HTED BSR/AAA

Mine has frozen every month since November 2017. In March I was told to raise the front. Samsung actually sent me an email on how to do it. They told me it was an easy fix and will take care of everything. I raised  The wheels off the ground .   A month later it froze again. I defrosted and raised it even higher. 28 days later it froze again. I called Samsing customer service, Cassondra was unfamiliar with raising it . She was also unaware of a class action lawsuit.  She did have a company contact me to service it.    They are scheduled for tomorrow morning. I've owned it for 2 1/2 years it is no longer under warranty and cost $99 for the service appointment tomorrow. $99 only covers diagnosing the problem. I'm afraid they don't know how to fix it and it will be a waste of money. Anybody have any permanent solutions?

0 Likes
SamsungMichelle
Supernova
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Do you have the unit in Energy Saver mode? 

0 Likes
useroqbdgwck0o
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

No. 

This is so disgusting that it's an issue ongoing so long affecting so many people work no resolution from Samsung.

I'd like to know if there's a class action in Canada.

This is an unethical company that doesn't deserve any of anyone's money.

I'm getting to the point that of I could I would dig a hole in the ground and fill it with sawdust to keep my food cold. Winter's  okay.

How could you sell this to someone?

This worked fine for 3 years. What changed? Not the levelling. That's been fine since the beginning.

0 Likes
DLM1
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
We need to start class action lawsuit about water under cool select drawer and freezer not freezing even though display reads -2. As well as ice maker.
0 Likes
userYYvZ2bWQrr
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Any resolution?
0 Likes
userloojHM3FdA
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

No, tilting the fridge doesn't fix it. The only way is to seal the leak behind the evap cover. Take a look at my video where I go into detail on how to permanently fix this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltwEPb2Bnu4&t=9s

This is a video to show you how to fix your Samsung "SamDUNG" refrigerator freeze up issue. If your fridge is freezing up approximately every 3 weeks to a mo...
0 Likes
ElecTechJC
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I own a Samsung Side by side model number RS267TDWP/XAA. In the past 6 months we have had to defrost our refrigerator could 3 times. Our ice machine no longer works, and the fridge needs another hairdryer defrost. We've had repairmen out, and they have tried many quick fixes, 2 repairmen, have come out looked at the fridge, apologized and left. Their reason, Samsung will assume no responsibility, provide no help, and it is a waste of money to keep calling servicemen.

I've looked and seen many thoughts and suggestions for the fridge coils not defrosting, but am I the only one whose ice maker stops working, won't reset,  refill, or make ice? 

It's very frustrating to spend $1600 on a fridge and have it start falling apart after 5 years. My parents still have their original refrigerator from 1960, and it keeps things colder than my Samsung ever has or will.

0 Likes