cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userRjQRL6w47y
Astronaut

Re: Ice Maker Keeps Freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi and thank you. Can you tell me if this is for ice maker defrost only? I don't want to do the whole refer and bottom freezer.

Thank you!

BuggedOut78
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issues, of course... Mine was manufactured in 2017.  It is out of warranty, and I am aware of the class action, and see that there has not been any movement on it. Can something be done to help remedy this situation?

Serial # [edit]

Model # RF23M8090SG/AA

Please advise...

BuggedOut78
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issues, of course... Mine was manufactured in 2017.  It is out of warranty, and I am aware of the class action, and see that there has not been any movement on it. Can something be done to help remedy this situation?

Serial # [edit]

Model # RF23M8090SG/AA

Please advise... 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send a message to this PM Link, and we will be happy to assist you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

uservDGUpKXZH4
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just adding to the chorus.  Getting ready to spend $300 on repair.  Very frustrating this keeps happening.  Purchased in 2017 and out of warranty.   

userwfid6XiLd8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just wanted to post an update and say that Samsung came out within days of this post and fixed my ice maker. I had zero expectations when I posted this - hoped maybe someone would have some magical advice but never imagined Samsung would respond and come out and fix the issue. I'm a happy customer and incredibly thankful. Thank you! 

userP3RIe2YLyT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What did they do to fix?

cinco3209
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In or out of warranty?  Thanks.

userFr3PtBcJa7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the Samsung RF23HCEDBSR I bought from Home Depot in August 2016.  The first month I had it the lower freezer was frosting and they came out and replaced the seals.  Then I started having problems with the ice maker frosting up.  Another service call and they replaced the ice maker last year and did the repairs Samsung recommended.  It started freezing over again a few months ago and dripping water from the dispenser.  It is no longer under warranty we had an extended warranty with Home Depot.  I contacted Samsung this evening and they said I would have to pay to have a service person come out and repair the unit.  Since this is a known problem why shoud I have to pay to have a repair person come out an service the ice maker.  Samsung should do the right thing and pay to have the repair made.  I am not sure from what I have read online if there is any way to fix the issue.

userEolYMKtGEi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem, and now the bucket is cracked from having to pull it out and thaw it with my hair dryer once a month. Most of my shelves are cracked, too. I am so disappointed in this fridge.