cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Ice Maker Only Works When you Hit Test

I have a Samsung French door refrigerator and the ice maker is not making ice. If I hit and hold the test button it will check the ice tray level and then fill and make a batch of ice. But after that it will not repeat the process on its own.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Ice Maker Only Works When you Hit Test

I have the same exact issue.  It has worked fine for almost 2 years and now I have this problem.

Has anyone responded to you yet?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Not yet. Hit test again today same thing. Arm drops then goes up it fills with water arm drops and rises again and it ejects ice after freezing. After that it stops until you hit test again.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hello @TechOut & @userpqJd1rlSIH,

On your display panel is the "Ice Off" icon turn on? Can you provide me with your full model code? When was the last time you changed your water filter? Are you able to dispense water?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm having the same problem with the ice maker.  When I reset the ice maker it will drop ice but will stop until I reset it again.  One thing I did notice is the about 2 minutes after it reset I hear the alarm ring once.  I changed to filter about 3 weeks ago. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@useruwZQ9V58vv, has this been going on since the filter was changed? Are you able to dispense water?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.