cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BigSplash
Constellation

Ice Maker creating small plastic pieces

Hello,

I have a relatively new Samsung fridge that I purchased brand new from Home Depot.

When we use the ice maker (crushed or cubed), there are small pieces of plastic that are showing up in the water and ice.  I have tried emptying the ice maker completely several times and the issue persists.  I have three young children who are now old enough to reach and use the ice maker and I'm concerned they may have been swallowing these pieces.

At this point, I cannot reliably use the ice maker as this problem has been present for some time.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Ice Maker creating small plastic pieces

Hey! Thanks for reaching out, can I have your full model number to better assist you?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

BigSplash
Constellation

Thank for the quick reply!

My model number is RF24FSEDBSR/AA

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Please send us a private message with your serial number so that we can look into this for you. LINK

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

The-dino
Galaxy

I suspect water intake issues.

user7WhAND02yW
Constellation

Our guests noticed plastic in our ice cubes - it was being scraped off of the bottom of the tray! We were out of warranty but they gave us a ticket# and the phone for the local shop that would take care of us. Wow - I didn't expect that. But when I called them, they wanted a high price for the new tray and a very expensive house call for someone to "slide in" a new tray! When an inferior design puts plastic pieces in your food I thought they might want to take care of that or at least give us a discount if we have to pay and we sure don't need help sliding in the new tray!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@user7WhAND02yW Our sincerest apologies for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. We have been trying to get in contact with you concerning this. Feel free to send us a private message with your email address so that we can assist you. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

**Please note that if you respond to the notification email, the responses go to a do not reply box that we don't have access too**

Highlighted
user7WhAND02yW
Constellation

I did reply to your email Dec 16 with picture but guess you didn't get it. I'll try logging into community in the next day or two & try to attach the picture again. It is in my sent file & no indication it didn't go to you.