cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userP06zRDtVP1
Constellation

Ice Maker freezing over and stops making ice

We purchased the Samsung refrigerator January 10, 2016 - model RF28HFEDTSR/AA.  For the last 18 months or so, the ice maker has been freezing over and quits producing ice.  Every few weeks I have to clean the frozen ice off the ice maker unit and reset it.  It will make ice for a bit, but only in the top, not in the bottom.  Then, after a few weeks, it freezes over again and I have to again clean it off and start over.  For the money we spent on the refrigerator, it’s quite frustrating to not have the ice maker work.  Not sure what the answer is for this, but it appears I am not alone in this issue.  What steps have others taken to get this resolved?  

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Ice Maker freezing over and stops making ice

We understand how this can be frustrating, have you had a chance to try these troubleshooting steps in the link below? 

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001012/#ice-maker-is-not-making-any-ice

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Ice Maker freezing over and stops making ice

Were you able to try the troubleshooting?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.