cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Ice Maker keeps freezing over

After losing our home in the Valley Fire, we chose a Samsung French Door Free Standing Refrigerator with ice maker for our newly rebuilt home.  We purchased the fridge in 2017 at Sears in Lakeport California which was installed in our home in Cobb, Ca by Sears.  For nearly a year all went smoothly and then the ice maker started to freeze over.  I trouble shooted and defrosted.  For a time this worked however the freezing over has become a once a month occurance which has prompted me to research into a possible faulty product part or design.  How do I talk to someone about possible warranty work?

The start of another freeze overThe start of another freeze overIce MakerIce MakerRefrigerator

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Ice Maker keeps freezing over

Our sincerest apologies for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused.

When was the last time you changed your water filter?
After you defrost the ice maker, have you tried to reset the ice maker?
Is the unit leveled?https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062321/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have replaced the filter everytime prompted and the unit is level.  I just tried resetting the ice maker after defrosting.  I have my fingers crossed that this fixes the problem.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Give it 24 hours and let me know if the ice comes back.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Halo

Could a seal be leaking air into the compartment? I had a non-Samsung refrigerator that would ice up if somebody forgot to close the freezer door properly. I think it overworks the compressor too.