cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user9Ad3UuOC6c
Constellation

Ice Maker leaking and freezing up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When the refrigerator was under warrenty, the ice maker needed to be replaced. The replacement Ice maker is now having the same problem the original did. I need it serviced and think this should be covered by Samsung as it is an obvious design defect.

MODEL NUMBER: RF22M9581SR/AA

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Ice Maker leaking and freezing up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We would be happy to look into this concern for you. Please send us a private message to the link with your serial number. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We would be happy to look into this concern for you. Please send us a private message to the link with your serial number. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

user9Ad3UuOC6c
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks to the Samsung team for making sure my issue was addressed and correct.  Great customer service!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No problem at all. Happy we were able to assist you!

userFasokPS1iX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just moved into new home with this appliance and this happened almost immediately. I have defrosted with a hair dryer...now what do I do? If I have to reste, how do I do this. :/ Not happy with all of this news. :/ Thank you. 

userxmb4bM0Cxx
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue has plagued us for 6 months with our ice maker.   After reading all of these posts it seems there is nothing to be done but to live with the problem or replace it with another brand. 

Samsung should start selling hairdryers with their french door refrigerators.  

userUAmtFVqzm1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine is freezing too.  We have to take a hair dryer to it weekly.  I purchased mine Nov 2017.

What is the solution?  

Model Number:  RF28JBEDBSG/AA

useruL7gm4m76j
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I wanna know when Samsung is going to Fix this problem been calling for over 2 1/2 years no one will come out no one will help it freezes up under the crisper floods the kitchen floor about every three or four days this is ridiculous I will never buy any Samsung appliances ever again I hope when that class action goes through because I see the last I seen they’re offering $10,000 to every owner I hope they win

DCSTRATO
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine was doing this weekly as well for over a year.  I turned down the water supply valve to just barely on.  Enough to still fill a glass slowly, but also the ice tray slowly so it does not back up when filling, splash all over the ice room, freeze, etc.  Defrosted the whole thing again.  That was two months ago and the ice maker has worked perfectly since.   Worth trying if you haven't already.  Good Luck.

Cheers