Original topic:

Ice Maker, plastic pieces

(Topic created on: 4/5/21 1:11 PM)
userR0C605lCZB
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have read several comments on the defective ice makers in the Samsung refrigerators.  

On 11-14-17, I placed an order for a Samsung Refrig, Model number RF28HMEDBBC.  Refrig installed in my home.

On 11-6-19  We had service on the ice maker, it was covered by warranty per service call as there was a known issue with ice maker.

On 4-2-21 A large piece of white hard plastic came out of the ice maker along with the ice.  This also happened approximately 6 weeks prior.  

On 4-3-21 I called the Samsung Contact center.  I was on phone for almost an hour trying to get service.  I was told that I would be contacted by someone in 24-48 hours.

On 4-5-21 I had not received a call back so I placed a call to the Samsung Contact center again.  After over 30 minutes I was once told I will receive call back from a Samsung tech in 24-48 hrs.  The tech would give me a cost of the repair.

After doing more research on this issue I feel that I should not have to pay for repair as unit is out of warranty.  Samsung knew of this issue and I should not be responsible for cost of repair.

I would appreciate a reply.

Thank you.

0 Likes
3 Replies
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I will be happy to look in to this for you. Please send your ticket number to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
SMarchian
Astronaut
Options
I have a Samsung Refrigerator model number Rf261beaeww' what water filter do I need?
0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

The filter for your refrigerator is available from the Samsung Parts website.  LINK

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes