Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Ice dispenser noise on RF25HMEDBSR/AA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi All,

lately there has been a stange "whirring" noise coming from my fridge....what I think is the ice maker area....that sounds like a motor is stuggling.  Has this been noticed on other units?  If so, what is the cause and how should it be remedied?

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Ice dispenser noise on RF25HMEDBSR/AA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you please try the following?

• Move the refrigerator forward approximately 2 inches. If the noise goes away, that indicates the refrigerator was coming in contact with another object, such as the water line or a wall.
  • Verify the water line is connected and that water is being supplied to the fridge. If the water line is not connected or water is not supplied the fridge, the water valve in the back of fridge will make a buzzing or ratcheting sound. Turn off the ice maker to keep this sound from occurring.

If a water line is connected, but the noise continues, then turn down the water valve slightly to decrease the water pressure.

• After lowering the water pressure, dispense water from the water dispenser for 10 seconds.
    • If 6 or more ounces of water were dispensed in 10 seconds, the water pressure is good.
    • If less than 6 ounces were dispensed, the water pressure is too low.

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you please try the following?

• Move the refrigerator forward approximately 2 inches. If the noise goes away, that indicates the refrigerator was coming in contact with another object, such as the water line or a wall.
  • Verify the water line is connected and that water is being supplied to the fridge. If the water line is not connected or water is not supplied the fridge, the water valve in the back of fridge will make a buzzing or ratcheting sound. Turn off the ice maker to keep this sound from occurring.

If a water line is connected, but the noise continues, then turn down the water valve slightly to decrease the water pressure.

• After lowering the water pressure, dispense water from the water dispenser for 10 seconds.
    • If 6 or more ounces of water were dispensed in 10 seconds, the water pressure is good.
    • If less than 6 ounces were dispensed, the water pressure is too low.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

did  you figure out how to fix it? mine started making the noise just last night!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there banueloscesar, Can you confirm the model of your fridge? Other than the unplug to defrost, have you tried any other troubleshooting steps?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

info: Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.
info: You are now chatting with 'Jayadev'. The reference number for this chat is 4328241703.
Jayadev: Hi, thank you for reaching out to Samsung technical support. How may I assist you?
Jayadev: We have not heard from you. Do you wish to continue the chat?
Jodi Anderson: We purchased a set of Samsung appliances for our kitchen within the last couple years. We have consistently had issues with our ice maker. We had it replaced once already. We have had issues for the past couple months with it freezing up and now it doesn't work at all. When we called the place we bought it from, they said they would call Samsung to see if they would cover the cost of the ice maker. They were told that you would not due to not enough history of issues with the ice maker. I don't understand that. We have had to have it replaced once already and it's not that old. When you spend over $2000 on a refrigerator, you'd think it would last. We went online and it seems like the ice makers are notorious for having problems. I don't understand why we can't get the new ice maker sent to us free of charge. Is there anything you can do or point me in the right direction. I am very disappointed.  Only 1 year 5 months old.  Please help!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

And whatever labor charge is.  Thanks

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My model number is RF25HMEDBSR/AA.  Serial number is [Hidden]

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey JustwantIce,  Could you  send us a private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi All,

So after having the repair company come out and diagnose, it turns out that the issue was the auger motor and it needed to be replaced.

cost breakdown was:

$117 for the dianostic (which went to the cost of repair)

$285 for the part and labor to install

for a total of $402 on a $2,600 fridge that is 1 year and 3 months old......shame! 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our Samsung RF4287HARS/XAA ice maker started making owl hooting noises. From many of the posts I have read the auger is the culprit. This seems like a design issue. What are my options?