Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Ice dispenser noise on RF25HMEDBSR/AA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userxC8mXd3KSk    We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are having the exact same owl noise going on right now. The ice maker keeps freezing up and won’t make ice. The fridge is only a few years old

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@jshrock911 Please send a private message with the model code and serial number of the fridge so I may see what options are available. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same exact issue with my refrigerator there must be a faulty design here .it's been happening for several months now .the area inside the ice maker freezes up and it stops making ice I have to sit there and spend a lot of time chipping away at the ice and trying to reset it. this is ridiculous for a barely 4 yr old fridge. Now I can't get it to reset it all and it's making a constant humming sound. How do I get this fixed?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a buzzing/whirring noise too. It stops when I open either French door. 

I dlid move the

unit out a couple inches.  Still persists. It does occasionally stop. So mine is intermittent. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is my exact issue. Noise that stops when I open the door. Pulled from wall but definitely in the fridge. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the exact same issue. When the power went out a few weeks ago it seemed to correct itself, now I know why. The product is deffective. Obviously a design flaw that Samsung doesn't want to fix properly.

The noise stops when a door opens because the ice and water do not work while doors are open. The power to the device is probably cut off so there are no accidental spills etc.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

my fridge has been making the same noise from the ice maker. looking on youtube looks like a lot of people are coming accross the same issue. looks like some water doesn't deforst and it causes the motor to freeze. which is apparent when i remove the ice tray and there is frozen water everywhere- it was not making ice a few weeks ago. i find myself having to remove the ice tray once a week to break the ice that is around the ice maker. i dont know how to fix it but the solution for many has been to unplug the fridge for like 4 hours and that causes any excess freeze to defrost. which is pretty bad given this fridge costs over $2500.00.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So...the noise ended up being the auger motor and cost ~$400 to repair/replace with labor and parts....which is about 1/4 the cost of the unit itself

ugh....

Highlighted
Constellation

Ice dispenser noise on RF31FMEDBSR/AA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My almost out of warranty refrigerator stopped making ice,  flex zone temp non operable & I too can hear a whirling noise. I’ve been trying for 2 months to get a service person out here to fix this lemon. My frig warranty expires in over a week, but I have documented correspondence s and they claim they’ll still honor my warranty. We shall see. I won’t hold my breath. They claim to have NEVER received a copy of my receipt which I’ve sent over a dozen times to their email address, fax & non-operable text message number. Not to mention the dozens of phone calls and on-line chats and emails. SAMSUNG sucks...I’m totally unhappy with their product. PLUS...exploding soda cans in the defective flex zone drawer IS A SAFETY HAZARD!!! (Ask my autistic son who got showered in half frozen soda.) I’ve been more than accommodating and patient than I should be, for the amount of work and frustration I’ve been going through to get this pile of metal fixed. Approaching the twelfth hour, let’s see how helpful SAMSUNG will be.