cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Ice forming in the bottom of freezer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have a Samsung refrigerator model #RF28K9380SG/AA purchased in August 2017. In May, we found water leaking out of the right bottom freezer onto our floor and found a build up of ice under the freezer drawer. I had an appliance repairman come out and he took off the inside lower back panel and it was solid ice. He defrosted it and hoped it would be okay. In August, the ice was back and I had the repairman come back out. Once  again he removed the inside lower back panel and found solid ice. He defrosted it and said if it reoccurs, we should call Samsung. Today we found ice again collected under the freezer drawer. Please advise what we should do next as this seems to be recurring every 3 months. Thank you. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Ice forming in the bottom of freezer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message? I would like to look into options for you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message? I would like to look into options for you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have a Samsung refrigerator model #RF4287HARS we found water leaking out of the right bottom freezer onto our floor and found a build up of ice under the freezer drawer. About every 2 months I have to remove a 3/4" sheet of ice or the drawer will not shut and everything gets frosted. Please advise what we should do next as this seems to be recurring every 2 to 2.5 months. Thank you.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi.  The model number is in my original post...model #RF28K9380SG/AA.

[edit]

Thanks!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is going to require serviced on the refrigerator. Please send your email address to this PM LINK, and I will look in to service options.