cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userpAlBdF9Dwh
Astronaut

Ice maker Issues RSE8KYPS

Hello Community, I have this fridge for more than 10 years, working well but some time ago started making problems with ice maker. It happened in winter bucket to be full and overloaded as we didn't use ice for 2-3 months. But after defrosing and cleaning appeared another issue - the ice maker didn't twist tray to drop the ice cubes. It does it only when i press the TEST/RESET button. And it is like that for more than a year. But seems there is a dipping water or condense because all stuff inside is in ice and even I can't release the bottom drawer. It needs full defrost which is quite unpleasant.

I read in the instruction for "HOW TO: .. reset the Icemaker in Samsung French door" but it says : "If ice is only dispensing when you press TEST/RESET - Click Here"   . And this is ALL! I click and I am transferred to Help page...

Do you have any solution recommendation? In fact problems are 2:

- Ice maker is not dispensing automatically (as written every 3-4 hours), I have to do it manually

- Lots of ice in my NO-FROST Freezer and I have to defrost is every 3-4 months now.

Do I need to replace any part like sensor, etc. ? I love this Fridge, I wouldn't be happy to replace the whole device.

Thanks in advance

Model is : RSE8KYPS

S/N: 671143CP100002-N

D. Penev

1 REPLY 1
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Ice maker Issues RSE8KYPS

I apologize but you have reached technical support for products manufactured for usage in the United States. Please visit http://bit.ly/1hx8mtb to find your country's support page.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.