cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

Ice maker has leak and the compressor motor has frost on coils and making terrible sound!

We purchased our Samsung refrigerator, model RF23HTEDBSR/AA for $3000 a just a litle over 2 years ago and we began having ice make problems about 1 year ago.  There is obviously some kind of leak, where ice builds up and no ice comes out and ice bucket gets stuck because of the ice build up.  We did a forced defrost and now we just runed off the ice maker, becasue it only last about 2 weeks before it the leak builsd up more ice and it stops dispensing ice again.  i can't keep defrosting our refrigerator every 3 weeks!

Now the Compressor/motor is now making a noise that is driving us crazy and upon taking off the back panel where we were hearing th sound, we found ice build up all over the coils!  We did a forced defrost again and had a repairman come out who said that this is a known problem and the compressor will most likley, need to be replaced at $1,500!!!  The service call cost us $120 as it was.

Samsung knows about these icemaker and compressor issues and have done nothing about it -  I've seen the class action lawsuits.

I want to know what Samsung will do to rectify my refrigerator issue, the compressor should be replaced under the warranty but it's impossible to find out how I need to go about this.

I have purchased Samsung appliances for years and if this is not rectified I will no longer support this brand ever again. In addition to the Samsung refrigerator, I have Samsunmg TV's, a Samsung dishwasher, a Samsung cell phone and other Samsung items.  Samsung, you need to do the right thing.

2 REPLIES 2
Astronaut

Re: Ice maker has leak and the compressor motor has frost on coils and making terrible sound!

We are having the same frustrating problem. Don't even know where to begin, time to call the appliance repair guy AGAIN.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Ice maker has leak and the compressor motor has frost on coils and making terrible sound!

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link, and I will look in to this..

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.