cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Ice maker is frosted over

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@MGAnkrum This could be something that could be solved by having service done on the fridge. I would be happy to look into it further for you. Could you send me a private message with your full model number?

userjwGX7hwhn7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We purchased this refrigerator on 5/21/17 and the ice maker started frosting over about 8months ago. We read some threads where you can defrost it then it will be ok. Ours keeps freezing and now it won’t let you change between water and ice. Any suggestions? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userjwGX7hwhn7 Hey, try giving this link a try. Let me know if this helps you any. 

userYN8tGLUGKV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How to fix problem model #R28HMEDBBC/AA or s/n <EDIT>

user28RYFbB69w
Asteroid

ICE MAKER FROZEN - HOW DO I FORCE DEFROST?? RF24FSEDBSR/AA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

HELP!!  I have seen many many posts with this issue, frozen ice maker.  I have the French Door, counter depth 2-drawer fridge which I've had for a little over 2 years.  The problems with the ice maker started just after the first year.  I've tried to stay on top of it every month which is a pain given I paid $4k for this unit.  This time it's really frozen and I cannot get the ice bucket out to use my hair dryer.  After searching YouTube I found that I can put it into defrost mode which I tried.  All I got was a single beep and 2 zeros which did nothing to the icemaker.  Would someone please tell me how to put my particular model into forced defrost mode?   I will not call Samsung after all the wasted time doing so that others have posted, so I'm relying on the good community to advise me.  

TONWAT40
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have 6 mon old RF28JBEDBSR/AA refregirator and just recently stopped making ice.

This is the same issue others reporting here, freeze-up issue. The Samsung Care+ technitian came over today and replaced the upper unit where all iced up section with brand new unit and also he open the back of fridge and installed something there. He said it is a new processor.

My frige is now start making ice but this is still Day 1 after this fix so I will keep monitoring the situation. 20190325_142315.jpg

Highlighted
geewhy
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Got the same model and we've had it for more than one year. This week, there was no ice and see ice on the underside of the ice maker after taking out the bucket/tray. Trying to find the "rd" defrost mode on this model since it seems to help at least temporarily. Still can't find the right panel combinations...

userw7BWMXekBZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a RF22KREDBSG/AA <EDIT>. Our ice maker froze over last May of 2018 after owning the unit for a little over a year , we called Samsung and they advised out of warranty but they would go ahead and send repair company to fix under warranty. MetroTech (Greenville, SC) came out and replaced the entire ice maker at no cost to me. Now a year later (May 2019) the ice maker doing the exact same thing freezing over. Called Samsung and was told they did 1 time free fix and nothing they would do now. I explained to the rep that it is doing the exact same thing and I explained that there is a 2017 Tech bulletin that describes my issue. They basically said sorry you have to pay. I explained that I just remodeled last year and all my appliances are Samsung. They did not care!!! I called MetroTech to get a price and they advised $300 but they also told me that Samsung just issued a repair kit 2 months ago that is suppose to fix. I have not scheduled yet. If I was having any other issue I would understand being out of warranty but this is a well known issue by Samsung and all I can do is hope they might do the right thing.

userhwCFN5HV4j
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can try defrosting with a hair dryer. Make sure to defrost the far back of the unit. Dry up any water. 

The ice maker frosts over due to most air getting into it. Inspect the dspensor flap to make sure it isn't stuck open or warm room air will get in. Inspect the gasket that mates the ice maker to the refrigerator door. You can view it by opening the other refrigerator door. 

Lastly take a flash light and shine it at the bottom of the ice maker from the fridge side. Look inside the ice maker and look for a gap where the ice maker meets the left wall of the fridge and light shines through. If so, remove the screw holding the trim in the ice maker and run a bread of caulk along the seam. 

Leaving the left refrigerator door open during normal use will allow air into the ice maker through the hole. Minimize leaving the door open. 

userhwCFN5HV4j
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Eco mode may also not eliminate enough moisture in the fridge allowing more to get in the ice maker as the air expands from warming and cooling.