cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userbCnzoWSoxm
Constellation

Re: Ice maker is frosted over

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue with mine. I purchased the fridge in Feb. of 2018, two months later the problem started. I've been dealing with this stupid fridge ever since and regret ever buying this poor quality appliance. I have extended warranty on it, so every time it goes out, I call the techs. They replace the icemaker and seal it every time. Two to three months later, the issue reappears. I've had my icemaker replaced at least 6 times now. Samsung is clearly producing defective icemakers. The store where it was purchased refuses to exchange the product claiming that as long as it’s repairable it won’t be exchanged. Basically, I'm stuck with this fridge. The warranty covers the repair costs till the year 2020, after that, I'm on my own. It’s beyond frustrating that a $4k+ appliance would be such poor quality. To make things worse, no one takes responsibility for it, neither the manufacturer nor the store. They are only out to take my $$$$. I’m convinced it’s a total scheme.

userMZv8QJSZj8
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

my refridgerator is 6 months old.  It has only made ice twice, It is frozen solid.  A professional came and said it is installed properly.   how can I get ice?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code?

userAdei68vPIy
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem twice in last 4 weeks.  Model RF23J9011SG

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Give this link a shot.

Highlighted
userL0XrfEGkyt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have model RF24J9960 refrigerator, part of the Samsung Chef Collection series. The ice maker stops working every couple of weeks with heavy frosting inside. I need to manually defrost it, which is a real pain. I have several other Samsung Chef Collection appliances, and many of them have serious quality problems. Any advice on how to get this one really fixed? My old Samsung refrigerator, also a French Door model, which we stil have, never had this problem.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Was the link I posted any help?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Even though Samsung replaced the entire ice maker mechanism still have the same problem. So even if they "take care of you" it doesn't help in the long run. What I have to do is get out a steam cleaner (similar to the one the Dish Network tech used) every few weeks and melt the block of ice.

The sad thing is at one point Samsung said they would replace my fridge for a new one, but a few days later they backtracked and said they couldn't do that(!)

user4dA1uAtV5R
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

model#RF22M9581SR/AA

My ice maker has frost/ice all over it and wont make ice. please help its less than 2 years old.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For assistance, send us a private message to the link below with your serial number. 

http://bit.ly/2hQXHNu

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.