cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userxNMZxGl3z2
Constellation

Re: Ice maker is frosted over

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yep...my does this too😡. So over it. But we have got to the point where pulling out the blow dryer and resetting it has become a daily occurrence. Love that when you pay so much for something and it doesn’t works the way it is supposed to. When we called JC penny’s they told us that our  warranty had just expired and it would cost $150.00 for someone to come and take a look at it. To me it looks like it was a defect in the product, and not the fault of the buyer. I wish that I would have researched my purchases before I filled my house with Samsung  appliances. 

Model Code RF28JBEDBSG/AA

uservh97BZdM0F
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is an ongoing problem. I have had nothing but problems from this ice maker from the beginning and Samsung says it is out of warranty and for 125.00 I can get a technician out. They know this is a design flaw.  The hair dryer works good but it only lasts for a few days. 

userWRi5iavzpz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since this seems to be an ongoing problem for alot of people that own these refrigerators, there should be a recall on all the parts of the icemaker and the parts should be replaced for free! It is a reoccurring issue. I have taken the icebucket out numerous time to "defrost" the ice that is stuck in the icemaker.  This helps somewhat, for a little bit of time, only to have it freeze up again.  I understand maybe having to defrost it once in a while, but not every week! Samsung...what are you going to do about this! We all paid alot of money for these refrigerators!

userq4XmGV135K
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Big design flaw and if you were able to see all the other posts from the last two years, having the components replaced at your own expense is costly plus users reported that the problem came back even though they paid for fixes.  

userMcbe0uTuY7
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had my Samsung fridge for 4.5 years and it freezes up every month.  Every month I have  to force defrost and let it defrost to get ice .  I have had the tech out 6 times and they cannot fix it

user3X8ymqlAgs
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I feel your pain! My Samsung refridgerator is the worse applicance I own. I paid over $2k and I have had nothing but problems with it. After my 3rd time of the coils freezing up, and paying for the thaw out in the refridgerator, I finally figured out how to fix it myslef. I lost all my food in the refridgerator and freezer 3 times! Now my ice maker continues to freeze up at the dispenser. I have been lucky enough to catch it in other times to be able to able to remove the tray but this time it is so froozen I can't remove even the tray. I hope I don't lose all of my food again. I would never buy another Samsung appliance. This is ridiculous. 

usertYKR5gC5B3
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Will be the next RF25HMEDBSG/AA

We’ve had the exact same recurring problem with our icemaker, since about 6 months after purchase. A tech has been out and replaced the icemaker and ice bin, etc. It continually freezes up. I’ve used the bubble wrap. No help. I have been defrosting it every Friday for months, and that has been effective, until this last week. Now, nothing. We are so sick of this beautiful, but defective refrigerator. $2,500 and so little to show for it! I’ve read all the different sites/posts, so I’m not hopeful about any solution, short of the class action suit, which I’ll be following closely. Lesson learned. No more Samsung products for this household. Our Samsung tv has been relegated to the guest room, where we don’t have to see it. Shopping for a GE refrigerator now. My Samsung smartphone will be traded in for an iPhone. What a sad joke.

user19SdzT4VWa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have a 4 door flex which we purchased new in early 2017. Within a year we had started to have problems with the icemaker frosting up and not producing ice. I had called twice in 2018 and they sent someone out to repair it. However both times within a few months it went back to doing the same thing. One of the repair guys told me that it was because there was not a good seal between the refrigerator and the icemaker. I recently complained again. (It has been out of warranty for a year now.) This time they wanted to send someone out but said that there would be a charge for it. I was very adamant and told them that I know from this and other forums that everyone had this problem at which time he said that if there was a problem with the icemaker which was my fault that they would have to charge me for the repair. This time they sent out a very knowledgeable repair guy from Dish. When I first talked to them they said that there would be a charge. After they called Samsung they reiterated the same thing that if I caused something there would be a charge. Once here the repairman had replacement parts which he installed and while it was disassembled he proceeded to seal the gaps between the refrigerator and the icemaker. He then reassembled the entire icemaker with some new parts which he brought and left. The service took 1-1 1/2 hours. It has now been over a month and the icemaker still has NO frost build up and makes great ice consistently. The icemaker tray is always full of ice and I have been checking for frost regularly. This was the third attempt and it looks like they now know what needs to be done to fix the problem permanently!

Thank you Samsung!

DCSTRATO
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Monitored the temp in the area between the refrig and ice maker and it was well above freezing. I cut an oval ring 1/2in thick to fit out of a new soft sponge and worked it inside of the white gasket between the refridge and freezer.   Seals really nicely now and temp stays below freezing.   Hoping this solves the problem long term.  They could easily make these for $.01 and send them out free as an engineering upgrade.   Or I could make them for .01 and sell them for $25 and retire early.    

Cheers
MGAnkrum
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the RF28HMEDBSR and the ice maker freezes up contantly. Serial number is <EDIT>.

What is the solution and is it a temporary fiz or permanant?