cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userIUZZfkgsPh
Constellation

Ice maker issues

After less than 4 months with our brand new refrigerator, the ice maker stopped working and the unit was frozen. We couldn't even remove it without turning the fridge off to defrost it. After 6 hours, we were able to lift it out only to find several inches of ice which took 24 hours to completely melt.  Now I see this is an issue that has been going on for years. So frustrated. I know this is just going to happen again and again. Guess we have an expensive fridge that can't handle making ice. Had to move our island and cooktop to get it in - or else I would return it in a heartbeat.

CFC943CF-D6ED-4A91-BB47-9F791EE5562D.jpeg

1D97BE93-F8E7-4EDE-8BD0-8FDCE7E87864.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Ice maker issues

I completely understand how frustrating this must be. When was the last time you changed the water filter? Are you able to dispense water? Have you tried to defrost the unit and reset the ice maker? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userIUZZfkgsPh
Constellation

The filter indicator has not indicated that it needs to be changed.

It dispenses water. Ice is the problem. I don't think you are understanding the frost buildup or you would not ask me about resetting the maker. It built up an enormous amount of frost inside around the mechanism so it could not operate. The entire ice drawer was frozen in place and we could not remove it to even access the reset button which is on the INSIDE. We had no choice but to turn off the entire refrigerator so we could get the drawer out. 

At this moment, our refrigerator has been off and open for 25 hours - and it is still defrosting ice from the ice maker housing.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I do understand what you are saying. The next step would be service. Feel free to send us a private message with your information to proceed with service.

http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userIUZZfkgsPh
Constellation

Okay. Can you elaborate on what the service would do? I have defrosted all of the ice build up now until it happens again as everyone else seems to say.

Thank you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

That would be a question for the service center. Moderators here are not certified technicians.