cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Ice maker leaking, making slushy ice after already having it replaced once

I have already replaced the ice maker once, when it was freezing up all around the unit, locking the ice bin in, so that I had to defrost the whole thing to get the bin out.  Now it's leaking around the seal of the refrigerator door, and the ice coming out is completely slushy.  When I try to get ice out, it spits out a few tablespoons of water first.  Water ends up pooling inside my fridge and when I open the door it leaks out onto the floor.  I have already slipped and fell once because of the pool of water it caused on my floor.  I've seen there is a class action suit for the ice maker.  How do I become a member of the class action suit?  I have a Family Hub and paid thousands for this refrigerator.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Ice maker leaking, making slushy ice after already having it replaced once

Are you using cubed or crushed ice? Ice that is slushy while it is still in the ice bucket is typically caused by a cooling issue, like the doors not staying shut. Give this link a shot if this is the case: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001027/ If this is still occurring after this please send me your full model code and serial number via private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have this same issue. My fridge is 5 years old, and has had the problem for about 3 years. I have to break ice out of the ice maker compartment & defrost on a regular basis, and clean up water off the floor from the slushy ice problem. I think it's a fundamentally flawed design.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I'm sorry to hear that have you tried the above troubleshooting steps? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

Yep. No difference. I remove excess ice build up at least monthly so ice will continue generating. Still slushy and splash of water when dispensing ice.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Since this did not help service will be required, depending on the warranty of the unit you do have a couple of options.

If the unit is in warranty you can send me or any of the other moderators a private message with your full model and serial number and we can get that set up for you.

Or if your unit is out of warranty you can use the link below to find a service center in your area. 

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location