cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userItHvZ2m9CJ
Astronaut

Re: Ice maker not making enough ice

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had exactly the same thing and I had a great repairman come today that really made a lot of sense.  He saw that there was some ice build up on the underside of the ice tray unit.  That lead him to be suspicious about warm air getting into the unit.  After undoing a couple of screws, he took out the ice tray guts and there was some ice build up on the fan.  He reached inside up behind the unit and where the cold air comes in had a block of ice shutting off the cold air from getting into the unit.  He took my hair drier and melted the ice.  He took some kind of caulk and sealed the left hand edge of the "ice box".  He then cut 1/2" off the water hose that come into the unit because the factory has cut them too long and it causes the water to spray.  He then put all the guts back in and set the freezer temp from 0 down to -2 degrees.  He said setting it into minus territory helps the unit to recognized when the cubes are solid enough to turn them out.  Since he left the unit has been making ice and has been quiet as a mouse.  Hope this helps.

userItHvZ2m9CJ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
He cut 1/4" off the nose, not 1/2".
KC
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

thanks for the information! I'll give it a try.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It would have been provided to you after your contacts with Samsung.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userI6bvbjX61I
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm not sure if these are the numbers you are referring to, 4143009738. This were given when I was told I would be covered under warranty but when the service company called to set up a date and time for service they said there was no record of that. So $2000+ on a fridge with no ice maker. NOT a good deal if you ask me.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userI6bvbjX61I Could you send us a private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userI6bvbjX61I
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

who do I send a private message to?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You would send it to me.  

userindOL0cDUg
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model #s/n <HIDDEN>

sr# <HIDDEN>

purchasrd 9/13/13

I'm having the same problem with our Samsung refrigerator not making enough ice.

the most ice our ice maker has made in a day is about one quarter of the ice container.

i have a service call scheduled for next week with a Samsung recommend repair company.

i feel we should not have to pay for the service call and any parts of needed.

We thought we were purchasing a high quality refrigerator and ended up with a non working ice maker.

we tried to use the Samsung tech support to trouble shoot our problem in late 2013 and most recently on 6/13/17

ticket 2167266862

if we do not have our ice maker working to our satisfaction I plan to contact the BB bureau, and file a claim in small claims court for our costs and time trying to fix this problem.

as a point of reference we have recently purchased a whirlpool refrigerator and within 8 hours the ice maker fills up the ice container.

please contact me with a solution to our problem

i am not a happy customer 

<HIDDEN>

<HIDDEN>

<HIDDEN>

<HIDDEN>

<HIDDEN>

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@cartersta If any issues arise, please let us know.