cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userI6bvbjX61I
Asteroid

Re: Ice maker not making enough ice

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Email sent. We'll see if I get any response this time.

userBWL3oJ9Av9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungCole and @SamsungJam,

I did a very detailed post about my experience a page back in this thread complete with pictures and have asked if I could private message you to get some help from Samsung.   It appears you ignored my post and asked for private messages from new posters to this thread all around my response.    I'm about to do my sixth service call to Lowe's who apparently are working with your engineers behind the scenes.    The parts in my ice maker have been replaced many times over and this has been going on 8 months now.   I'm having to use the hair dryer every 2 weeks to keep my icemaker going.  My fridge is out of warranty by less than a year.   Are you simply ignoring me because my fridge is out of warranty, on an extended service plan, and don't care as I am a lost cause to Samsung?    I'm just curious.

userBWL3oJ9Av9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
By the way, after contacting the service company dispatched to my call from Lowe's extended service plan, who has replaced all my ice maker components two times over in the past, they stated they received a message from Samsung that a once again newly redesigned ice maker (different than the one replaced twice before) has been updated as of two weeks ago and Samsung is messaging the companies doing this repair to replace with that version. It seems again the statement messaged to me: "Sadly this is not a known issue that Samsung is making any accommodations for. I am very sorry for the inconveniences caused. " was false. Want to explain?
user8zv11a5Ho4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the same problem! We spent thousands of dollars on a refrigerator that can't make ice. After reading all of these posts and the stuff on YouTube and other sites as well, I will NEVER BUY SAMSUNG AGAIN! 

Not happy in Colorado 

userBWL3oJ9Av9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As much as I had hope the newly designed ice maker would solve the problem, it has not.  The fan is making noise now, I have icecicles hanging off the ice maker, I get a half cup of water in the mornings when I get ice, and I'll probably have to defrost again soon before it dams again.    Going for my seventh service through Lowe's extended service.   So @SamsungJam and @SamsungCole, what are your thoughts about this thread?

userBWL3oJ9Av9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Finally!  After escalating to management at Lowe's extended service plan, they agreed that it is no longer economically in their interest to maintain this refridgerator (seven total service calls) and agreed to refund my purchase price entirely!   My ten month hair drier defrosting ordeal is over and my relationship with Samsung will now and forever cease!  ( except for the ticking time bomb Samsung toploader in my laundry room Man Surprised )

KC
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Congratulations! Good for you.  Since i'm out of warranty, i have a hard time throwing good money away to get this resolution! Like i said before, i will have a very expensive garage fridge soon and will no longer promote or purchase samsung products.  Its clear the selective engagement on the board from the moderators, that they don't intend to do anything about it.....

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Apologies if it seems this way, but we did not mean for you to feel ignored. You are always welcome to private message us even if you do not wish to make a public post. Messages can be sent by visiting one of our profiles, or you can use the direct links here: Send a message to Cole: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH         Send a message to Jam:  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
KC
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If Samsung would recognize they have a design flaw with these models, perhaps we would be more positive.  If you look at the posts on this thread, service calls do not work and are unecessary expenses for your consumers.  You know you have an issue.  i will soon have a $2k+ garage fridge.

DougM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too have the leaking/Jamming ice-maker.  It's been that was for months.  Started just after the warranty expired (how convenient).  I've read throughh the posts on this topic and I'm guessing there are other threads on this problem as well.  It's obvious that Samsung has a design flaw but your telling your customers they're on their own if the warranty is up.  I had a problem with my Kitchen-Aid dishwasher with a poorly designed soap dispenser. They acknowledged the issue and replaced it for me no charge when is was over a year out of warranty.  Perhaps Samsung should follow their lead.