cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Disfunctional Ice Maker

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’ve e-mailed you directly, Deb. Would you mind following up with me there? Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

stephela
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have the same problem with ice building up on the mechanisms inside the refrigerator. We dispense ice daily so it is not a low usage problem. I also have water dripping all over the front of my refrigerator. I am so disappointed in this product we always buy Samsung, but this may be our last. 

Shame on Samsung. It is obviously a flaw in the product not how all of us are using it.

Please stand behind your product and solve this problem for us once and for all.

Stephenie

Model # RF24FSEDBSR

S# <Hidden>

userZyeOTguX1V
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here.  Ice maker is terrible.  I have to chip the ice out of the top of the maker at least once a week.  For a fridge over 2k this is not what I signed up for.  Is there a fix yet?  19 pages of issues.  Obviously a major problem!

cenby
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am yet another customer burned with a disfunctional Samsung icemaker in my french door refrigerator. Three service calls, $600 in service and new icemaker components, sealing with silicon, stil no ice.  I will never buy another Samsung appliance.  Poor design, over engineered crap !   Samsung tech support has no clue in how to resolve this.  With so many HUNDREDS of failed icemakers, Samsung should recall this product  and provide compensation for service calls and replaced auger and fan assembly which were not at fault.  The only other item I can figure needs replacng is the massive circuit board mounted behind the refrigrator which is the "brain" of the fridge.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry to hear you're upset. Did you reach out to us via the email address? Thank you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

cenby
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please provide link where i report defective iceemaker. I had Sears Home Services here three times. All three times the service tech called Samsung tech support. This Samsung model  has a history of failure. Thank-you

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi cenby,  Send us a private message with any transaction numbers that you may have so that we can look into this for you.

Highlighted
cenby
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
1st service call 7-18-16   caulked icebox per samsung tech support line
allow to defrost overnight.  did not work.

2nd service call  7-30-16  technician consulted Samsung tech line. Measured voltages 
on main circuit board rear of refrigerator. Samsung tech said replace fan assembly
DA97-12540K.

Replaced fan assembly.   Did not correct problem.

model <HIDDEN>
SN        <HIDDEN>

I found many people with same problem on samsung blogs and You tube. None of the ice makers have been successfully repaired.   I also replaced the auger assembly. This also did not fix the problem.

This product was 2 months out of the one year factory warranty when the ice maker quit. 
cenby
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sears Home Services order 41092559     

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So all of the repairs were performed through the retailer?