cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Disfunctional Ice Maker

JUMP TO SOLUTION

user93tCklWHom, it will require service. Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number: Link

userdHjZXX2lHc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My lower ice maker does not fill the bucket.  We were gone for a entire week and the tray was only about 1/4 full.  What could be the issue?  My model no. is RFG298HDRS.

ppine
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have one better.   After owning the refrigerator for only 13 months, the ice maker,that is the worst on the planet, quit all together.   Geek squad came out to fix it and had to replace it all together because of a manufacturers defect that made it leak, it froze to the inside of the frig, which made it short out.   Now i was wiping out all of the water that leaks everywhere creating the awful ice and realized that the ice dispenser is moldy!   Check yours too,  you can't see it unless you look up into it from underneath.   Very sanitary.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry to hear you guys are having this issue. I have updated the post I created a while back with a updated troubleshooting link and updated the title of this thread. I also marked this post as the solution to this issue. Please make sure you try the troubleshooting provided in this post and continue with any steps after this. 

It seems like the name of this thread was a bit to broad and some issues are not the same as the original post. If your issue does not reflect the original post. Please create another thread and the community can address that given issue without getting confused between issues. When you create this thread, please make sure this title describes your issue. I look forward to working with you via what ever option you go with. Thank you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
cenby
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Drew-  The link you posted , things to try, DO NOT WORK. All those items were performed by myself, numerous times, at the suggestion of the Sears technician AND the Samsung agent when called by the Sears technician when here. 

Dont you get it?  I know you are just doing your job but the problem with these icemakers is HUGE! And not a simple fix as witnessed by so many other customers.

Please provide the name and number for Samsung presidents office. He needs to hear how poorly designed this product is.  There is nothing else I can do except make ice in  older garage fridge icemaker and place it in the "dysfunctional" Samsung icemaker.  With all due respect Drew, unless you get some real answers from engineering, you are spinning your wheels in furnishing "Try this" tips.   As I repeated before, I have spent $600 with three different Sears techicians replacing the FAN ASSEMBLY, AUGER ASSEMBLY, CAULKING WITH SILICON, performing reset function, checking all connections.....nothing works!  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Cenby,
I certainly understand when a device fails it can be a very frustrating situation, but if the service was not set up through us, there is no way of me looking into this for you. If the troubleshooting does not help the issue, you will need to have this device serviced again. You can either continue working with Sears or we can set up a service visit through our systems. I understand this is not what you want to hear but from what you are telling me, this is the only solution. Thank you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

cenby
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@cenby wrote:

Samsung Drew-  The link you posted , things to try, DO NOT WORK. All those items were performed by myself, numerous times, at the suggestion of the Sears technician AND the Samsung agent when called by the Sears technician when here. 

Dont you get it?  I know you are just doing your job but the problem with these icemakers is HUGE! And not a simple fix as witnessed by so many other customers.

Please provide the name and number for Samsung presidents office. He needs to hear how poorly designed this product is.  There is nothing else I can do except make ice in  older garage fridge icemaker and place it in the "dysfunctional" Samsung icemaker.  With all due respect Drew, unless you get some real answers from engineering, you are spinning your wheels in furnishing "Try this" tips.   As I repeated before, I have spent $600 with three different Sears techicians replacing the FAN ASSEMBLY, AUGER ASSEMBLY, CAULKING WITH SILICON, performing reset function, checking all connections.....nothing works!  

Here is my followup to my forth service call to fix my disfunctional icemaker (see other posts as cenby).

On 12-15-16 I had a repaiman from Toms Service Network who is the NJ,PA,DE,VA Samsung authorized service facility.  First of all, I went through Samsung 800 line to receive a service ticket number. I was able to get a one time free service call and free replacement parts even though my refrigerator was out of warranty. Bear in mind, my icemaker quit 2 months out of warranty (May 2106) .  The technician arrived with two boxes, containing the FAN MOTOR ASSEMBLY  and ICE TRAY ASSEMBLY.  I previously had just the fan motor assembly replaced (which I paid for) from Sears, who is also an authorised service center for Samsung. More on this later.  He swapped out these two components. He said he has replaced more of these icemakers than he can count. Herein lies the proof that this is a real problem that samsung needs to acknowledge.  He said we have a 50-50 chance that these replaced components will work. Lo and behold this morning I have a working icemaker full of ice made overnight ! 

The take away is this. DO NOT call Sears or any other Samsung authorized repair facility. Logon to samsungs site to open a ticket to begin the process. Once you receive a ticket number for service, you will be directed to call Toms Service, or whomever is authorized in your area. If you are in the NJ region, ask for technician Eddie. Very competent and as I said he has repaired countless icemakers for these samsung refrigerators. 

For samsung moderator, my ticket is 4139234309 with a followup ticket  5115922113.  How do I request reimburstment for the $256.73 for the ineffective sears repair ? Not only did they fail to fix the priblem, but  $139.00 of this fee is for a six inch bead of silicon to supposedly seal the icemaker from the refrigerator compartment. This was suggested by the samsung person in what they call STAC? on the 800 number for technicians to call for assistance. 

It should also be noted that even though Sears is supposedly an authorized Samsung repair facility, they do not possess the same procedures and diagnostics and training, that Toms Service Network has. Furthermore, Sears service ticket numbers have no corrolation  and cannot be tracked within samsungs repair process. 

DJaziOwen
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have to say, Sears technicians that are certified to work on Samsung ice maker, and then some, have literally printed the Samsung Bulletins and worked directly from them. That said, people do the work, not the bulletin instructions.
I am done with this issue. Life is too short and Samsung is too big for their britches. They need a good lawsuit for misleading consumers, and further, training CSR on the phone to DENY the problem exists and discouraging warranty service. At least that was the case with my first and second call a year ago now.
Best of luck to all!
beanteam
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A and E also did all the service bullitens to the letter.....they called them flashes....

userEIIWi1qMt5
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For the record, I have the same problem with the ice-maker in my Samsung rf30hbedbsr: ice is "wet" and not frozen as it should be. I purchased this in June 2015, so the unit is 18 months old.

Welcome any advice on how to get Samsung to address this widespread problem.