Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cenby
Asteroid

Re: Disfunctional Ice Maker

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userEIIWi1qMt5

Please refer to my last post as cenby.     Simply go to Samsung site for factory repair service.  Begin a ticket there by filling in all pertainent appliance info.  You will get a call from someone typically within 24 hours.  Even though you are out of warranty, request one time warranty extension. You will most likely pay $90 for a Samsung tech to come out and assess.   You can then request a one time free service call and free parts to fix icemaker.  Be patient. Its a process but Samsung is pro-active and will work to fix the problem.

My icemaker is working after all parts were replaced two weeks ago, HOWEVER, I now notice the ice cubes are one big melted mass of ice after sitting for several days.  So I still have an ongoing ticket opened. Im not convinces this is the end of my problem. 

Highlighted
KC
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Cenby,  after 4 weeks, did the problem come back?  I am having this issue as well?

cenby
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The repairs which included replacing both the auger drive assembly and the fan motor assembly did NOT fix the problem. Still slishy ice and water comes out before any ice.  I have had the samsung tech back again. he took pictures of the ice maker which is totally frosted up after repairs. I am now at the point where Samsung is offering to replace or refund my purchase price.  I elected refund.  A new refrigerator will not solve the problem. Since all the components are now new in the ice maker, I do not see how replacing the refrigerator will make a difference. I am totally disenchanted with the samsung french door refrigerator.  Im now waiting  for samsung to call me to finalize the buy back procedure.  I must say, even though my refrigerator is  8 months out of factory warranty, they are stepping up and doing what is right in resolving this matter.  Its imperative to submit a claim on the samsung website and be persistant!  Refer to my previous posts for history of this repair. 

DJaziOwen
Asteroid

Re: Ice maker not making enough ice

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I just had my 5th certified samsung service tech (from a Sears contract) come out to say now we need a new, 'redesigned' fan that solves the air temperature not remaining cold enough to keep ice in 'cubes'.  We bought our Samsung new from Home Depot November of 2014. Within 3 months we thought it was really slow to dispense, and the ice was rarely 'cubed'. My son prefers crushed, so wrote it off as stalemate. We would just get clumps then a few cubes, with a little water to boot. My first call to Samsung customer service was 2 weeks within the one year warranty. I was advised, by the technician, after walking through a clean and reset by phone, that if there was ice coming out, then it is not broken. He was happy to schedule someone but it was going to cost me upwdards of $500 just to be told 'if it makes ice it is not in need of repair'.  So, chalked it up to Samsung makes a crappy in door icemaker. I told the rep on the phone the same thing. He was not amused. So one month later... the problem with water dripping constantly from the ice chute, clumped, crystalized ice that took eons to come out, was worse. I called Samsung again to be told it was out of Warranty. Yes, two weeks ago and I called a month ago! 'Sorry, but we can refer a certified technician to schedule a visit, but bare in mind we will not cover your unit.' I bought bagged ice. I brewed about this and after another 2-3 months decided to find a certified tech to come check it out. Sears, they have certified Samsung technicians, and offer 90 days of warranty for the repair. They will return at no charge and remedy until it is fixed (as long as it is the same problem). I have to point out, and this is VERY IMPORTANT, each technician arrived with a printed BULLETIN from SAMSUNG SERVICE that outlined step by step what to do to repair this KNOWN problem. The first fine gentleman has been with Sears for 30+years. He tells me Samsung used to replace these problem Refrigerators (bad ice makers specifically) at no cost to the consumer. That was costing them a mint. The dirty truth is that each time a service visit is made, they are told to only do one step per visit. My 4th technician suggested replacing the main unit/augger and that I buy their 1 year warranty that covers the whole fridge and ice maker. Sold. Now I am out over $500 in repairs, trip charge and parts. 3 weeks later, had to schedule repair, again. Which brings me back to the first remark...the 5th service tech this morning tells me about the fancy new fan design that had to be ordered. Next appointment is in a week or two. Still have bagged ice in the freezer. I mean I am slow sometimes, but I think it's reasonable to just keep bagged ice around. I expect that my next repair will be the last, then I will get a new LG Refrigerator under my current contract and just pay the difference as is necessary!

If anyone can recommend the proper channels for recovering my losses from Samsung, I am all ears. This behavior from a major appliance provider is shameful.

DJaziOwen
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The Detail for Samsung:
Full Model and Serial: RF28HFEDBSR CODE: /AA 02
Serial: <HIDDEN>

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Were all of the repairs performed by sears?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

DJaziOwen
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, they had 90 day guarantee if failed same problem.

DJaziOwen
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Was this relevant to you? I replied 'yes' to your question, and they are Samsung Certified.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Apologies for the delay in response, if all of the repairs have been completed by Sears service team, then we recommend continuing with them to avoid any potential service charges. Very sorry for the frustration and inconvenience caused. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

lwhite
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We purchased our French  4 door refridgerator in November 2014 and are having the exact same issues.  Model is RF30HBEDBSR.  Have tried the trouble shooting steps but did not resolve the issue.  Please let me know if the new fan Sears installs corrects the issue.