cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C336
Constellation

Re: Disfunctional Ice Maker

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Repairman back on again Tuesday and caulked around ice maker to keep warm air out, that is what the tech from Samsung told him to do as everything has been replaced and still have dripping into tray from behind shoot dripping from front of ice maker and that also causing only crushed ice as it is too wet and brittle to stay cubed....can't blame repair company as they have been wonderful. But repairman said I have to go back to hhgregg as they have done all they can and I have extended warranty with them but from what I have read about that, seems I may have wasted my money....they do state in the pamphlet I have a lemon law for same problem with 3x visit for repair....we'll see....wish we all had better results with this problem and hope Samsung redesigned icemaker. But I will keep updated after I speak to hhgregg, wish me luck! 

Claire

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ello everyone,

Thank you everyone for the information you have posted here. If you have already tried all the steps provided in this link,  Here and you're still having this issue. It seems you will need to have this device serviced. I see a few of you have already had a service center come out but a few of them were sent by the retailer. In most cases, we here at Samsung will not be able to review these service visits and the service center that a retailer provides may not be a Samsung Authorized service center.

If you do not already have service set up for this device  and you would like to set this service up, you can do it here. Service request  

As for everyone that is already having this ice maker serviced by a tech we provided, could you please provide the transaction number to this repair. Please send this by a private message. This way, we can reach out to you directly and review your case. 

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you all. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

IceMan11
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has anyone thought of filing a Class-Action Law Suit against Samsung over failed and under performing ice makers in their >$1500 refrigerators? I think we have a decent case, and even if not successful, the bad P.R. might shame Samsung into getting off their <Hidden> to offer a solution....... My $3500 4 Door model produces little soft ice, and dribbles water from melted ice.....

userXQoWawWDY4
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I have owned my Samsung French door refrigerator  for 3 months. My icemaker just quit after the light in the freezer went out. I called the repair center, which kept me on hold for 1hour 10 mins., before announcing that the office was now closed. I did everything that my manuel instructed me to do, in order to fix the ice maker, to no avail. Oh and the original reason that I called (which was the light bulb) must be changed by a liscenced contractor......if I can get SOMEONE to answer the phone!

In answer to your question, I would be very interested in  a class action suit.

T.Clarke <HIDDEN>.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Would you happen to have a transaction for the repair?  If not, could you send us a private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

beanteam
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

we cant use ur Service center.because most of us probably have extended warranties!!  Then we would be pay out of our pockets..

Highlighted
cenby
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

if you have extended warranty then you pay nothing ! start a service ticket on samsungs service request website. 

beanteam
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

strange samsung told me im SOL  because its out of warranty and just keep using my extended warranty till it runs out. Then i guess i just put it in my garage along with my less than 6 yr old fridgdair with a bad ice maker  i will have a collection maybe it will become a collecters item who knows....im not familiar with service ticket thing...or any website i can do a report on to samsung other than this thread...oh well they did inform me that a engineer monitors this thread ....whatever thats worth... i have a total new icemaker and two new auger motors two ice buckets and 1 adjustment....no doubt my icemaker is doing the same thing your is and the parts replaced....are the same....Hi samsung engineers...sooner or later samsung is going to have to come up with a solution ...prettty sure being most our technicians are saying they have been on hundreds of service calls on samsung....bet they will quit giving extended warranty on their products...i know i would..HH greg extended warranty has so far invested about 1500 in my fridge....thank goodness i bought a extended warranty...

cenby
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Beanteam - Just call 1-800-SAMSUNG. You can request service there and start a service ticket. Be a "squeaky wheel".
usereawSjIpp1R
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We just purchased another Samsung refrigerator, bought one for our other house 3 years ago. Congratulations, both icemakers suck! Out GE refrigerator that we just got rid of out yours to shame, just like the one in MN at our other home. If you have 3 or 4 people over, you run out of ice within an hour. Samsung you have a problem here whether you want to admit it or not! Very disappointed!!