cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TBeck65
Asteroid

Re: Disfunctional Ice Maker

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They will blame it on anything and not admit that they have an issue. Very upset with samsung just try and get ahold of them if you have an issue.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

usereawSjIpp1R, Could you provide the model of the fridge?

TBeck65, Are you having trouble with your ice maker as well?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

TBeck65
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The ice machine from day one has not worked as advertised, did all the steps and still is as low as can be on bottom unit.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What's the model of the fridge? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
KC
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My model number is RF30HBEDBSR/AA, same issue as disclosed on this board.

TBeck65
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

RF263TEAESG

userOIL7xpBmdL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Seems I'm having the same issues, water dripping down shoot as ice collects there then melts filling the tray on the outside door, warmer air, from refrigerator compartment, melting ice in the bucket that then drips inside refrigerator, ice daming up causing fan to make loud noises.

Purchase Feb 2016 at Home Depot, RF24FSEDBSR, and opted for extended warranty.  In order to keep things working, have to defrost ice make compartment with hair dryer every couple months.  Not what I was expecting with a Samsung refrigerator that cost over $3,000.

This is a design issue with these refrigerators and haven't read any fixes that have correct the problem.   I have registered the unit on their website and no proactive contact to me on these issues.  I guess customer service isn't what it used to be.  Was considering purchasing a new dishwasher last month and even picked out a Samsung, decided to hold off and see what happens with my refrigerator.  If this keeps going on for years as the problems have been around that long, this will be the last appliance or electronic device I will buy from Samsung.

IceMan11
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I totally agree with your assessment of the ice maker problem. I have taken to attacking the frost and ice buildup around the ice maker with a stiff putty knife and blow dryer, weekly. I have resigned myself to the fact that the ice maker is a very poor design and we are stuck with it.  (I make ice in an old Kennmore to supplement the POS Samsung). That is, unless you can come up with $10k for a Sub Zero (I kick myself for not getting it now). 

Where to go from here? We all to tell our stories to every one we know, and advise them to boycott Samsung (all products, not just exploding phones and washers and POS fridges). My advice to you on a dishwasher? I'm on my second Miele (high end German, the first went with the sale of the previous house). They are WONDERFUL! We have very hard water here in Santa Fe, NM, but the model we bought has a built-in water softener! The dish racks are very versatile, and they have a great flatware tray. All Miele products are pricey, but the company stands behind their units (they REPLACED a $3500 single oven when we had repeated problems with it), Samsung's attitude of "what did you do wrong, this time?" is shameful! I hope with the new change in CEO (jailed for bribery, etc, as was his father) there might be a change in Customer Service. But I'm not holding my breath......

userqJggmCQzot
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have also been defrosting the ice maker with a blow dryer and putty knife every week or two for the last year.  I'm going to fill out a request for service but wanted to add my issue to the long list of complaints.  

Model RF28HFEDBSR/AA

S/N <HIDDEN>

userViYF4OspU2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung, it is time for you to come to the reality, you have a real problem here and with the help of Social media we will make this a big issue for you.  I too have the exact same issue as everyone else on the previous 11 pages.  My model number is RF28HMEDBSR / AA, yes i am out of warrenty, but I did have my ice maker replaced within the 1st month of having the new frdige installed at my house, guess I should have sent the whole thing back at that point.  Looks like the process from here is file a class action law suit or have about 5 different service calls come to my house, to try and fix this well know problem (did i mention 11 pages of issues)