cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userKXcSUSA14H
Constellation

Re: Disfunctional Ice Maker

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung already replaced one ice maker with the same crappy product.  I love the fridge design but their ice makers suck!  So says 2 of my friends that have purchased a Samsung.  If ice is important to you DO NOT PURCHASE a Samsung refrigerator!!!  Mine and others leak all the time.  I have to keep a towel on the tray.  The ice is not solid and melts very quickly.  Bad Product!

Highlighted
KC
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Agree, this will be my last Samsung appliance i ever purchase.   I am just going to learn to live with it as i didn't get an extended warranty and i know there is no fix for it.  Why waste the money......

userBWL3oJ9Av9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Another victim of Samsung's recent complete lack of focus on quality. I have purchased numerous Samsung SSDs for computers, a expensive LED TV, and plenty of Samsung Galaxy mobile phones. After the recent recall on my new top loader washing machines, and now my POS ice maker on my over $2,000 RF28HMEDBSR/AA Samsung fridge having now 3 repairs in the last five months on my Lowe's protection plan, in addition to the time from work I missed waiting on those repairs, I am done as a Samsung customer for life. 

userXBviQL2xIL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a model RF3HCEDBB/AA refrigerator and have the same problem.  Called Samsung when problem started while unitt was under warranty and reply was to set freezer to -2 degrees.  Called samsung today and got rep that speaks broken english.  I asked to be transfered to US based rep but got no where with that.   Wanted to send tech out on my dime.  Seems that a class action lawsuit is the answer.  Samsung needs to fix proble on mtheir dime or buy refrigerators back.  Won't buy another samsung product ever.

usergAQMiCRWHe
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have had our RF28 M for about 6 months now, I have had it block up twice, by that I mean if you pull the ice maker out and look to the top right you will find a huge block/chunk of ICE dam blocking for anymore ice to be made.

The first time when it happens I had set the freezer to + 3 that started the mess, as I want my ice cream not to be so hard LOL... OK Then I turned out down to ZERO, it got better , that lasted about a month, then I go in and remove the

Ice dam... this time I am lowering it to MINUS -2 , this might solve the problem.

Wish me luck.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I end up placing my ice cream in a freezer bag to keep it cold, but not get my ice cream rock hard.  Try resetting the ice maker after you get the blockage cleared.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userWgp4SFuIfE
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased the Home Depot extra warranty and called to schedule someone to come look at my ice maker. Should I cancel this and go through you guys? I paid for the extended coverage, and I dont want to have to pay anything additional to have this fixed.

Without even coming out to look at the unit, the repair company said they were ordering a whole new ice maker.   After reading all of this thead, I am not confident this will be fixed....

French Door Fridge purchased at Home Depot 12/2014 

Model:  RF28HFEDBSR

Issue:  Ice maker doesnt make ice, clups up inside and get stuck above ice bin, drips and leaks all over fridge door, inside fridge and onto the floor.   I have ben defrosting and removing stuck ice for quite some time (cannot honestly remember).   Finally had it and called HD to do a service call to fix.   

The water dripps have actually ruined the front of my fridge and now looks like junk all the time.   I just purchased a Electric Stove and Above range Microwave (All Samsung) and really hope I dont have issues with all of our appliances.   

I am going to open up a trouble ticket with samsung so that it is on file.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would go through HD unless they tell you to contact us for some reason.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userI6bvbjX61I
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unbelievable!!!

I'm glad I found this thread for no more then to find out I'm not the only person with this problem. The surprising thing is the lack of customer service/support from Samsung!! The CS person I spoke with actually said they don't have any reported cases of ice maker issues.  Hahahaha. I told him about this website and the 9+ pages and several other threads of the same problems. His answer was sorry another service call and since it's a month out of the 1 yr warranty guess who gets to pay for another service visit ?!?!  Well after $2400 on a refrigerator I would hope someone at Samsung would take ownership of this obvious defect/design flaw in their product. I will be sure to steer anyone who asks about Samsung away and tell them of my horrible experience with them.

Model - rfg298hdrs

serial # - <HIDDEN>

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userI6bvbjX61I What's the trouble with your ice maker?