cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cenby
Asteroid

Re: Disfunctional Ice Maker

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes. Each time on phone with Samsung factory support.   Again, there are DOZENS of similiar unresolved cases with this icemaker, failing out of warranty.  Samsung needs to step up and find what is causing these failures. At this point, I would never buy another Samsung appliance, seeing the magnitude of product failures posted online.   Thank-you

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As the repairs are being done through the retailer, I'm assuming you're using the extended warranty. I would follow up with the retailer directly with any concerns. 

Community Guidelines: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-General-Guidelines/ba-p/459817
Terms of Service: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-Terms-and-Conditions/ba-p/460091
cenby
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We did not elect the extended warranty. Again, the icemaker failed TWO MONTHS out of warranty. SAMSUNG HAS NO KNOWLEDGE HOW TO FIX.   Please forward to a supervisor. I expect compensation or resolution with a working icemaker.  Your resource base on this product must show extensive failures. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry cenby, I am not pulling up your service ticket in our systems. Can you please send us a private message with your email and phone number? I should be able to pull up your ticket number with this information. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

cenby
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This repair was NOT thru Samsung.   Sears Home Services performed this service. See item above.  Each time they spent a significant amount of time on phone with a sAMSUNG TECH service line.  That is irrelevant who performed service. Please refer this to a supervisor who can verify that this product is routinely failing.  It has a serious design flaw which Samsung engineerinig have to address. All parts related to the icemaker (fan assembly, auger assembly, and caulking of icebox.)  were replaced or installed at the advise of your samsung technical line. There is nothing else to replace pertaining to the icemaker. The Sears tech said that the main microprocessor circuit board on the back of the refrigerator may have a problem as it related to the icemaker function. 

useryEVeB9k6Dn
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When will SAMSUNG reps stop using canned answers for a manufacturer defective product?

Highlighted
User sully7771
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have had the exact same problems  i have already told one friend not to buy. I will do it again if they ask. We have Samsung tv, s through out our home and Samsung Phones Samsung other kitchen appliances but will not buy anymore Samsung. They cant seem to fix and dont seem to care. 

KC
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Had to defrost with a hairdryer again yesterday.  Funtimes! Just hope it breaks down completely so i can justify getting a new one. 

userUxXSQwt8yW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm another customer with the same issue, no ice or very little.  I also bought a Samsung washing machine.  What a mistake buying this brand.  I am so over having to call repair man or trouble shoot the problems with this brand.  I purchased from HHGregg, they are no longer in business in my area near Atlanta.

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry to hear that you are having this experience with your fridge.  Please provide me with your complete model code and serial number to the link below, and I will be glad to look into your issue.