cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userGDs9pvY544
Constellation

Re: Disfunctional Ice Maker

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, I have recently purchased the Samsung rs22hdhpnsr and I have the same problem as so many others have.

I've tried using the links in this forum, but they all go to a page not found.

First, the ice maker is not making enough ice.

Then, the ice is partially melted when it is dispensed.

Can you help please?

JanetS
Constellation

Disfunctional Ice Maker

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too have a problem with ice maker freezing over.  On my 3rd service call today.  They have so far replaced the motor because the original isn't very good, they have caulked around the whole ice making unit to stop the warm air from getting in and also caulked around the hose in the back because warm air was still getting in thru there.  So, all the caulking and replacement parts, still makes one bucket of ice and doesn't seem to stop.  It continues to try and make cubes and forces water until it overflows and freezes up the unit and leaks water from the icemaker down inside of fridge and pools under drawer until it cannot hold anymore and then leaks out the front corners of freezer.  My floor is getting ruined and I shouldn't have to turn off my icemaker every time I leave town!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’m sorry, JanetS. Were these repairs scheduled through Samsung? If so, please confirm any of the ten digit transaction numbers associated with your account. Most likely, they began with 413. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

JanetS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No 413 number but Samsung has hooked us up with Unique Repair www.uniquerepair.com 847-621-2900 and the 4th visit will be this Tuesday.  Last ticket# 163313.  When they visited this last time,  I told the repairman that i thought it was the "arm" that stops the icemaker from making ice because the bucket is full.  It seems to never stop.  He then told me about the laser and it is looking like that may the issue.   Hopefully this may fix it.  

Thank you for replying.

user0PD3Q8B6WJ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have a dysfunctional ice maker - model RF23HCED - Samsung cannot find an authorized repair person in my area - Jacksonville, FL - there was one, but they would not service refrigerators sold by Sears!!!!!  It is still under warranty - they are talking about a refund,  going on for 3 weeks, without any resolution.  Get run around when I call - they didn't receive bill of sale, or we have no record of this.  DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG!!!!!!  They is no customer service

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you provide a transaction number that we could look into?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

users8J3UfLfvi
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been having the same issue with the ice maker on my RF28HDEDBSR/AA for three years now.  It is an OBVIOUS design flaw with the ice maker being in the refrigerator compartment on all Samsung French Door Refrigerators.  I honestly am tired of defrosting it and replacing parts just to have it break or freeze up again.  Samsung knows (from its technical bulletins), there is still not an adequate fix for this.  Samsung just wants to put a band-aid on it and hope everyone will eventually be out of warranty so it won't have to deal with their design flaw.    

My refrigerator, when it first had this issue, was out of warranty for 2 months and Samsung refused to address the problem then.  I just got off the phone with Samsung US this afternoon (which is obviously outsourced to India) and they want to send someone out to "fix" it at my expense (which I know is a $600 parts and labor charge).  I can tell you from past experience this fix will likely only last about 6 -12 months and then you will have to pay another $600 to fix the fix.  Samsung is now on revision "D" of this ice maker (I do not know if this revision will fix it or not since I refuse to pay another dime to repair to this defective fridge), but I can tell you "A", "B", and "C" do nothing but prolong the inevitable.  It will freeze up and leak and eventually you will end up paying more for the ice maker repairs than for the fridge itself.   I paid $2500 for this fridge and it is basically worthless.

Since Samsung refuses to address the issue, I urge everyone who reads this to contact their state attorney general's office and file a complaint against Samsung.  I also urge everyone to join the KSG class action suit being filed for this very issue.   I included the link below.   

<Hidden>

Of of course they hid the link but just do a google search for “KSG class action Samsung refrigerators defective ice makers.”

Do not let Samsung get away with this.  We all know they should recall every one of these defective refrigerators.  I will continue to post on every since board I can find until this is rectified.  I urge you all to do the same.  

users8J3UfLfvi
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Of course they hide the link. Do a google search for KSG class action lawsuit Samsung ice maker.
userODkPtaUPUT
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for the information about the class action law suit, since Samsung doesn't appear to be interested in solving this problem, it's unfortunate , but it looks like a law suit will be our only other option.

userfghEUWBN8Q
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here. Model: RF22K9581SR/AA The ice maker is driving me crazy. Purchased less than two years ago and have already had Samsung come out and REPLACE the ice-maker, and then Lowe's had a repair person come out after that one failed as well. I've had to roll up a hand towel to catch the leaky ice since we've purchased the refrigerator so that it won't ruin our floors!!! I have someone else coming on Thursday... I'm not hopeful at all and kicking myself for not sticking with Kitchen Aid Appliances. I'll be researching the president of Samsung as well.