Constellation

Re: Disfunctional Ice Maker

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have the same issue with my RF24FSEDBSR/AA

WarEagle2013
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue.  Mine makes a tray every 24 hours, maybe. My model is RF22K9381SR/AA.

userZEK6ZTx1gk
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had the same issues with the ice maker on my RF24FSEDBSR/AA.  The ice would come out slushy, if at all.  Now the ice maker drawer is frozen in the unit.  Can I heat the ice maker with a hair dryer from the inside of the fridge to ge the ice maker drawer out?  I see there are some updated parts available to help fix the ice maker issues.  Are these worth the effort? 

We also have some issues with the wheels breaking off where the crisper drawers slide.  Other people seeing this?

Thanks! 

useryqxqrJODKQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the RF4287HARS/XAA,  it will not make ice at all.  it is 2 years old and has always been real slow to make ice.  A friend has the same fridge,,, same issue,, samsung issued them a check for the fridge.  THey know there is a issue with this tupe of fridge.  I need it fixed.  Do not want to pay for a service call and get no where.  

user8dnEy1ITyz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, I could have copied and pasted the post from Deb1 and made it my own. 1.5 year old unit and the ice maker sucks. Have to defrost it about once a week. Think Samsung should have a recall!

KC
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i'd like to know why this shows as solved, just tried to sign up for Protection plus offer they sent me for the fridge, but unlike samsung not recognizing a poor product design, i couldn't tell them that there was not a pre existing condition because i sure would schedule something after my purchase.   Why would i waste time and money getting a service guy out to try to fix this when its a known product.  Please tell me samsung moderator person? 

userODkPtaUPUT
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We're having major issues with the ice maker from almost day one as well. Have had it serviced more than a half dozen times, the ice maker has been replaced a couple of times, the front electronic panel has been replaced as well.

It seems like we have the same problem as the majority of posters here, no , or very little ice, when it does decide to make ice, the cubes are very small and oddly shaped, definitely not normal ice cubes. We first get a gush of water before the ice even comes out. The entire unit freezes completely every couple of weeks. Not the ice in the bucket (like I said, there are usualy just a handful of cubes in there if we're lucky). No, the entire ice maker is frozen solid, I've scraped a good half inch of ice off of there numerous times.

I'm so sick and tired of this fridge, it's way too expensive to be having this issue.

Has anyone had any good results by posting here ?  We bought the extended warranty through Lowe's and I'm glad we did, but it looks like this problem is going to continue well past the extended warranty and I'm not willing to pay for a service call every couple of months. 

Model # RF30HBEDBSR/AA

Serial #: <Hidden>

usera4k4sneivS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
same issue, and same better fridge in the garage. Nothing more irritating that dropping a couple grand only to have to spend 20% of that value to service something used sparingly in only 2 years...and it never worked great to begin with.
C336
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was relieved to hear others are having the same problem with the ice maker, but sorry also as I know how frustrating it is! The repairman was just here again  on Monday June 6th for the 4th time and called Tech support as he was at a loss since they replaced the auger fan, ice maker , shoot and the main fan in the back over several visits, and still it drips out behind the shoot, into tray which I have to keep a paper towel so water does not run down and end up on floor, only crushed ice as they say it is too wet and brittle and breaks up on its own when coming out and still freezes up in back of ice asker in one big chunk. Now he is scheduled to come back on Monday to seal around the ice maker with food grade caulk to stop the warm air from getting into ice maker.......one post from astronaut said that it did not work on his. Frustrated, disappointed in Samsung, and can't afford to buy another after spending over 2k on this one. Hope they change design in future models, although doubt I will ever buy Samsung again or recommend. Other than this I love the 4 door design and black color.   Model #RF25HMEDBB/AA.  

Claire

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no! Please keep us posted on the end result.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.