Asteroid

Re: Ice maker not making enough ice

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SamsungPatheticIce.JPGAfter all the fixes, and water is dripping all the time

DJaziOwen
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
There was an error that the first one did not post....
Anyway, NO the fan did not fix the problemSmiley Sad
TimB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
ve had the same problem on the exact same refrigerator. I took the icemaker out which is fairly simple and low and behold I found a huge chunk of ice in a tunnel area right behind the icemaker after removing the icemaker. I used hot water to remove the ice chunk (2"x4" in size) from the tunnel area. This is the area that the cold air goes through that comes from bottom freezer (it keeps the icemaker cold). My ice is now, not slushy, and I dont get the water drip from the melting ice anymore. If you use a hair dryer to melt the ice be careful cuz it gets to hot the plastic parts in that are start to melt. My problem now after replacing the icemaker and the main board is the icemaker has to be manually reset to produce a cycle of ice. Multiple automatic cycles are NOT happening and I am working on that
userldmiVB35wH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add me to the list.  model e rf24fsedbsr

DJaziOwen
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
NO the fan did not solve the problem.Smiley Sad
DJaziOwen
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I just can't say it enough...NO it is not resolved from anything that's been done.
TimB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ive had the same problem on the exact same refrigerator. I took the icemaker out which is fairly simple and low and behold I found a huge chunk of ice in a tunnel area right behind the icemaker after removing the icemaker.  I used hot water to remove the ice chunk (2"x4" in size) from the tunnel area. This is the area that the cold air goes through that comes from bottom freezer (it keeps the icemaker cold). My ice is now, not slushy, and I dont get the water drip from the melting ice anymore. If you use a hair dryer to melt the ice be careful cuz it gets to hot the plastic parts in that are start to melt. My problem now after replacing the icemaker and the main board is the icemaker has to be manually reset to produce a cycle of ice. Multiple automatic cycles are NOT happening and I am working on that

TimB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

ve had the same problem on the exact same refrigerator. I took the icemaker out which is fairly simple and low and behold I found a huge chunk of ice in a tunnel area right behind the icemaker after removing the icemaker.  I used hot water to remove the ice chunk (2"x4" in size) from the tunnel area. This is the area that the cold air goes through that comes from bottom freezer (it keeps the icemaker cold). My ice is now, not slushy, and I dont get the water drip from the melting ice anymore. If you use a hair dryer to melt the ice be careful cuz it gets to hot the plastic parts in that are start to melt. My problem now after replacing the icemaker and the main board is the icemaker has to be manually reset to produce a cycle of ice. Multiple automatic cycles are NOT happening and I am working on that

DJaziOwen
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
To follow up here too, NO the fancy fan did not solve the problem. Worked great for a week, then progressively got worse. Same scenario as every other effort.