cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cartersta
Asteroid

Re: Ice maker not making enough ice

JUMP TO SOLUTION

our refrigerator is only 2 months old, i just registered it, we thought we were buying a new one, its a 2015, the icemaker is quitting on this one, just spent $2000.00 from lowes on it, I love my Samsung phone, and the refrigerator,  but if the ice maker quits, im going to be bad mad

gardenermd
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Geat pics of what I have seen for almost a year. Searching for anything to help with the constant dripping I foung a good tip. This guytook a strip of bubblewrap and put it into the gasket on the inside of the door where the ice goes to the despencer. It has helped to seal it so there is less dripping, less buildup of ice all around the icemaker, and

improving the preformance some. Doesn't fix the problems but ... 

userGp5mjLmF49
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

IMG_2078.JPGIMG_2080.JPGIMG_2082.JPGThis is the same thing my ice maker oops (non ice maker) is doing. Icicles building up all over the compartment. I beleive the excess icicles are blocking a photoeye making the icemaker think the bin is full.. I have to get the hair dryer out once a month and melt everything down before it starts working again.  Luckily i have a 2nd refrig (cheap) that makes more ice than i know what to do with because it will take DAYS before the samsung could fill the small compartment.  The salesman at HH Gregg said not to worry about the small tray because this was an ice making son of gun.. WRONG!!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userGp5mjLmF49: Have you reset the ice maker by any chance?  Try that after all of the ice melts.  Also, has the water filter been changed recently?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get back to us at your quickest convenience.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usercNZUyegHgO
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OMG. This looks exactly like my ice maker! I finally just shut iff and am refilling ice trays and bought a bucket for the top drawer in the freezer. This was the first refrigerator I ever owned with iemaking capabilities. It wil be either the last, or at least, the last SAmsung. THERE SHOULD BE A CLASS ACTION Suit against Samsung for this. evidently they tried in 2014 and it was thrown out. So what did they do? Continue to make faulty ice makers....

usercNZUyegHgO
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Finally, someone with my model number. Other than the fact I have abandoned any hope of finding a fix for the non-icemaking icemaker in my Samsung, I am also amused that everytime an on-line tech gets involved "he" wants to take it offline to a private chat thread - away from all the other complainants.

Samsung should be held responsible for faulty equipment and defrauding the public since as far back as 2013 - according to the threads I have read on the icemaker flaws.  How can a company be allowed to continually sell a product that doesn't work as warranted?

I like the refrigerator and will continue to use it, but I hope someone gets Samsung to do something about the abomination they sell as an icemaker. For now, I am back to a bucket and ice cube trays. This eliminates, water drips, hairdryers, and mold from my daily experience with Samsung...

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Asking you to go to private messages is so that we could work with you directly.  

userI6bvbjX61I
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well,

@SamsungJam wrote:

@userI6bvbjX61I Could you send us a private message?

I've sent you a private message over a week ago and have not heard anything back from you. Like another poster posted why is this marked as resolved. Several are still posting with the exact same problems as I am having and my fridge looks like the post on page 10. This is unbelievable! I will be sure to tell anyone I run into what kinds of problems I've had with this $2000 Non-ice making fridge. NOT very happy!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry userI6bvbjX61I, but we have not gotten a message from you on any of our profiles. If it doesn't go through, you are always welcome to email us at smsupport@sea.samsung.com. The direct link to private message can also be found here: http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.