cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userRPcTeE5Rqd
Astronaut

Re: Ice maker not making enough ice

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sadly, we're 6 months in and our ice maker completely covers with ice underneath the base (if you pull out the ice storage, the whole base of the mechanism has a good 1/4" of ice on it).  The ice was completely frozen into almost a solid block.  We turned off ice maker and let it thaw enough to "unjam" the ice and thaw out the underneath.  Used the reset button and almost 20 hours later, had about 20 pieces of ice........  but yes, the underneath is forming a nice layer of ice again.

Also, i talked my husband into letting me get the french door model with the water pitcher that fills automatically, in the door.  Now, it's not automatically filling when you replace the pitcher.  It's so random, sometimes 1/2 sometimes 1/4 full....   Needless to say, HIGHLY disappointed in this very expensive purchase.

I'll never be able to talk him into purchasing a Samsung again.  HUGE disappointment.  Just waiting on something else to go out on it.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message with your full model and serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

kmd7093
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ours has never worked correctly and it freezes up all the time. Samsung will do nothing about it

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

usera1BuYUmBkw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem with ours. Just over a year old. No solutions to be found. Never buying anything Samsung again.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

userSaDSLpqzdD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our Samsung Family Hub is doing the same exact thing! I tried to follow the links posted throughout this thread but all links are invalid. HELP!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userSaDSLpqzdD You can send us a private message using the following link: Link

userokEqSI68f8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our ice dispenser only dispenses 1 cubed ice. After that the ice maker just makes a sound and the ice doesn't come out. The ice maker can is also empty. Tried resetting the ice maker but doesn't help. Any recommendations? Model number RF23J9011SG/AA

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userokEqSI68f8, for further assistance you can send us a private message to the link with your serial number. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.