Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Ice maker not working RF28HMEDBSR/AA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that, repairs would be recommended if the ice maker is freezing up, can you send me a private message with your full model and serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

All forum reps ask for PM and show no solution.

There is no SAMSUNG fix for this issue. They are well aware of the defective ice makers and keep creating tickets for us to spend money with a repair technician. There is currently a class action lawsuit against them for failing their customers. From my search, the only options that MAY help are silicone and Y clips. 
Shame on Samsung!

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just discovered that Samsung published a technician’s service bulletin (Service Bulletin Number ASC20170602002) for this model and many other model’s ice maker. This was done shortly after I had complained and essentially ‘given up’ that Samsung would support this lousy design. The bulletin details how to correct the issues caused by Samsung’s poorly designed ice makers. This was published years after my warranty had expired. Why would anyone put out a bulletin to revise the design of the ice maker adding heat sync and more sealing if you don't have a design problem? I have a HUGE problem that I have lived with an incompetently designed refrigerator for several years and been denied service. This refrigerator’s ice maker never functioned adequately. I expect Samsung to correct the matter.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To Whom It May Concern;

I purchased a Samsung refrigerator, model RF28HMEDBSR/AA, at Lowes. The ice maker continually froze up, and you provided a technician to repair it within the one-year warranty. The technician informed me that this over-freezing in the ice maker was a known issue on many similar Samsung models like mine. The technician did not need to replace any parts as he manually defrosted the refrigerator. He told me there was nothing he could to eliminate this issue because it was part of the design of the ice maker. After the one-year warranty, the same issue occurred. I contacted Samsung and was told I had no warranty unless I wanted to pay for labor. I refused to accept that Samsung’s design error should cost me money. I called the technician back and asked for advice. He said this model ALWAYS had ice maker issues due to a severe design flaw. He told me how to defrost the ice maker manually. I lived with this for years as the ice maker continually froze up to the point of not operating, and I had to defrost it over and over manually. Finally, we just used ice trays in the freezer drawer as Samsung would do nothing.  

I just discovered that Samsung published a technician’s service bulletin (Service Bulletin Number ASC20170602002) for this model and many other model’s ice maker. This was done shortly after I had complained and essentially ‘given up’ that Samsung would support this lousy design. The bulletin details how to correct the issues caused by Samsung’s poorly designed ice makers. This was published years after my warranty had expired. Why would anyone put out a bulletin to revise the design of the ice maker adding heat sync and more sealing if you don't have a design problem? I have a HUGE problem that I have lived with an incompetently designed refrigerator for several years and been denied service. This refrigerator’s ice maker never functioned adequately. I expect Samsung to correct the matter.

I am requesting that Samsung correct their failure to recognize and admit to a design issue by providing me extended warranty support. I would like you to send a technician out to upgrade my ice maker to the service bulletin standard at no charge or replace my refrigerator with an equivalent model that does not have any design issues. In doing so, I will waive future claims to include other damages I might otherwise seek. In return for this goodwill support, I will discontinue seeking all damages related to the issue as well as remain a loyal customer of your other product lines. If Samsung does not respond to my request within 14 business days, I will be forced to seek a legal remedy for an equitable solution in addition to publishing as much as I can about Samsung's decision to provide poor customer service. I much prefer we come to a mutually agreeable settlement. I look forward to your timely response.

Best Regards,

Kevin Dixon