cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useruzhqRSubWn
Constellation

Ice maker not working RF28HMEDBSR/AA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model RF28HMEDBSR/AA, ice maker will not work.  Ice maker froze up.  I defrosted and reset.  Reset button makes ping after 2 to 3 seconds. However, The ice off light on the door panel stays  illuminated.  After reset, ice maker dumped one small batch of cubes, but has not made any more. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Ice maker not working RF28HMEDBSR/AA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You'll need to repeatedly press the "Ice Maker Off" button until it's no longer illuminated.  That's the reason that it's only dumping one batch of ice at a time.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You'll need to repeatedly press the "Ice Maker Off" button until it's no longer illuminated.  That's the reason that it's only dumping one batch of ice at a time.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usermZuiWG6hwe
Constellation

My refrigerator does this and when I called Samsung they...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My refrigerator does this and when I called Samsung they said it cant be working when they come out. But if this is a flaw in the refrigerator why wouldn't they jyst come out and fix it. It freezes back up every couple months

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: My refrigerator does this and when I called Samsung they...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get back to us as soon as you can.  

userV9DgN1A6Cs
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this refrigerator. Purchased 3 Samsung appliances through Lowes at the same time..... Fridge, Oven, and Microwave. Needless to say, I am extremely disappointed with Samsung. Even our flatscreen TV is Samasung. Anyway, this fridge has been a nightmare from the beginning and has yet to be fixed. The only reason it's still in my kitchen is because I'm not ready to shill out another $3,500 for a fridge... I already did that. The primary issues are this. First, the icemaker buzzes like crazy. It freezes over and instead of ice cubes, I get crushed ice as it tries to scrape the cubes into my cup or it produces nothing at all. The only option is to heat the unit up and met the solid mass of a iceberg from inside the unit.... and that's only if I can get the door pulled out. The second issue is a frige that does not get to the temp I set it to. The back wall freezes up constantly and has to be thawed out. It freezes up and ice encases the fan and the duct work which is supposed to circulate the air. It is a chore to melt the fridge to start over. If I set the fridge to 35 degrees F, at best it makes it to 49 degrees F. And i'm using a temp probe to gather that info. If I use a thermal probe on the food, its around 49 to 51 degrees F. We purchase milk in quarts so we have a chance to drink it before it goes bad. The fridge is leveled properly before anyone asks. Calls into Lowes for help goes nowhere. In the end, after 3 years of dealing with these issue trying to get it fixed, there is no fix. The fridge is flawed be design. Now I see there has been a class action suit in the works on these issues. The last Samsung "anything" I purchased. Good luck to any of you that have this fridge or any in the long list of Samsung fridges listed in the lawsuit. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userV9DgN1A6Cs I certainly understand how frustrating that is and would be delighted to assist you! Could you send me a private message with the full model and serial number?