Original topic:

Ice maker not working after replacement

(Topic created on: 1/17/21 10:53 AM)
usercWHbeUlCFP
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We have a Samsung side-by-side with the ice maker in the door. Model #RH25H5611SR. We had a warranty on this refrigerator that expired on November 30, 2020. We called for service on November 22. A company (through the warranty) came to our house 6 times over the course of the last two months. They replaced the ice maker twice and then the control board in the back of the refrigerator. They also checked the wires leading from the door to the unit. After the last visit of replacing the control board, the ice maker ran a cycle and spit a small amount of water but then stopped. The technician called Samsung and the Samsung service tech on the phone told the repair tech that the spit of water was normal and that the ice maker should now work. The tech left and the repair company closed the account. When I called the next day to tell them that it still is not working, I was told they couldn't come back out because the account is closed. Can ANYONE help me figure out why our ice maker isn't working?? I have a brand new ice maker and a new control board. I have hit the reset button and (I think the tech called them) fingers will move up and down but then nothing happens. Sometimes when I hit the reset button, nothing happens - no sound and no movement. I'm hopeful someone here can help me get this figured out. The rest of our refrigerator runs fine. We have always been able to access water from the front, just no ice.

Thank you for any help!

0 Likes
3 Replies
SamsungBri
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My sincerest apologies for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. Can you provide me with your ticket number from the service? Is the ice maker off icon turned on? When was the last time you changed the water filter? Are you still able to dispense water?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usercWHbeUlCFP
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thank you for the response. The service number I have from Capital City Appliance Service is 392772. The ice maker is not off. The service tech tried turning it off and on a number of times. It is currently on, but it is not making ice. The water filter was changed about 6 months ago and is needing a new filter. The filter light was reset when they changed the control board, but I need to get a new one. I was wanting to get the ice maker working first, but I can go get a new one and put it in if you think that has anything to do with it. We have never had any interruption to our water dispenser. It has worked throughout.

0 Likes
SamsungBri
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I can understand how important it is for you to get your ice maker up and running. Can you send me a private message with your serial number? I would like to into a few options for you. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes