cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Ice maker not working - recall

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue with the ice maker repeatedly, have had it replaced and still the same issue. This is just a bad design. Samsung should really do something about this for as much as these machines cost.

MN:RF4287HARS

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I am also having an issue with my refrigeratore ice maker not working It was replaced about a year ago and it is not working again. Model RF263BEAESR/AA. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also having issues with my ice makers.  The upper one has completely frozen over and the lower one has now stopped making ice as well.  Can you please assist with this?  

Model # RF263TEAESG

Thanks.  

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userlny7PJvStn   We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issues as well. Any chance you can help me too?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is absolutly ridiculous that Samsung is not fixing this issue with mass amounts of their refigerators. I had to fight last year for them to come out and fix the issue. They claimed to replace the ice maker with a "new" one. However, 6 months later it broke again. When I called they claimed it's now out of warrenty. Yet this is the SAME EXACT ISSUE as all of the other ice makers. It continues to get worse and worse. The water now leaks out the door shoot and down the front of the fridge. If it starts damaging my wood flooring Samsung is going to have an even bigger issue on their hands.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there,

My Refrigertor Model CODE: RF24FSEDBSR/AA has the same issue. The ice maker stops working. Each time I have to scrap frozen ices around the Ice Maker and press the reset button. It works again for a day or two then the issues persists.

Does anyone know any open lawsuit againsts the broken ice maker?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the same problem. Getting worse now that summer is here. As of July 2020, class action lawsuit  is currently in mediation. There is a Samsung service bulletin that is supposed to fix the problem.  But the question is "who pays for it?"  

Hundreds of Central Florida families say they are fed up with their Samsung refrigerators and despite all the problems, there is no recall insight.
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I called Samsung over a year ago and they gave me instructions on fixing the issue. I was unaware that it was a temporary fix. Now the ice maker has stopped working twice and this time I can't even open it without unplugging and emptying the fridge. I am disappointed by the fact that samsung knows this is an issue and delays the replacement and now won't honor the repair or issue. I have to pay for it myself. With new fridges they now offer a longer warranty but the problem has obviously been fixed. Those of us who have the defective ice maker have to pay ourselves. If I had know while the warranty was still active that their repair was a delaying tactic I would have asked for the repair then. Now I am stuck with a bill of a few hundred dollars for parts and labor. Will not be buying another Samsung in the future and actively recommend against one for others.
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have 2 years with the same issue. I bought the french door fridge RF263BEAESR/AA 3 years ago. I need to defrost the ice maker everyweek with a hair dryer. I have read a lot of bad comments and nobody can resolve this issue. This is frustrating!!!! Help!!!!