cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userJxEms2Sh5A
Asteroid

Ice makers not working and will not reset

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a model RF323TEDBSR where both ice makers have stop working.  The top one stopped a few months back because of frost issue which I defrosted and tried reset process a number of times, but I could never get the ice maker to start working again and it hasn't worked since.  The bottom one stopped working this week which I think was frost related (i.e., ice build up on top) so I had to defrost the bottom freezer.  After cleaning out the freezer I tried the do the reset process on the ice maker, but I don't think the button is doing anything as I'm not getting any response/feedback when I press and hold the reset button (i.e., no beep or action from the ice maker).  I have waited 24 hours to see if anything happens and still nothing.  This was the same experience I had on the top ice maker when I tried to reset it.  The water dispenser is working fine so I don't believe it is a water supply issue.  Am I missing something or it is possible I have two dead ice makers?  Any suggestions? Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Ice makers not working and will not reset

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send me a private message with your model code and serial number.   http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

88 REPLIES 88
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried testing the ice maker without the water filer installed?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userJxEms2Sh5A
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did removed the filter, but it did not seem to make a difference.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

And just to verify, the ice off light isn't illuminated, correct?

userJxEms2Sh5A
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes the "ice off" light for both ice makers are not on.  And the water dispenser is working.  I have tried the reset button on both ice makers, but am not sure what is suppose to happen after holding it for 10+ seconds.  Nothing appear to happen.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not even a beep or "ding" sound?

userJxEms2Sh5A
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I do not hear a beep or any type of sound (e.g., moving parts).

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you could, please send a private message with the serial number.  

userJxEms2Sh5A
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Could you let me know how I would send a PM? I don't see an option for this.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

http://bit.ly/2ihPL97