Original topic:

Icemaker outlet flap won't fully close and icemaker freezes up

(Topic created on: 2/16/21 7:24 AM)
userWfascYCNos
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I've had a persistent problem with the icemaker freezing up.  I noticed that the door at the bottom of the icemaker through which ice is delivered wasn't fully closing, allowing warm air and humidity in and causing the ice to freeze up into a merged block.  A while back I ordered a replacement part for that flap and carefully installed it, following guidance on YouTube.  Unfortunately it didn't really fix the problem.  The little door still hangs partly ajar.  I have to wedge various things in the door of the refrigerator to prop up the flap to seal it, or the problem recurs and I have to start all over again with dumping the ice, drying out the ice bucket, reinstalling, and trying again to keep that flap shut.  However, sooner or later someone in my family gets ice and doesn't put it back exactly right, or the item used to wedge in there gets jiggled by opening or closing the freezer door, and here we go again.  Also it won't toggle between providing ice vs crushed ice anymore, and only gives crushed ice when it works.  I can live with crushed ice, but the freezing up is an aggravation.  Any solutions?  I'm past the warranty but I sure wish this could be fixed.

0 Likes
3 Replies
rkj
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I like it are you looking for perhaps a. solution
0 Likes
rkj
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
could be a bad switch from the crusher or something as simple as a sensor we would be happy to send some one there to see
0 Likes
userWfascYCNos
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am definitely looking for a practical solution or to know whether this has been a persistent problem that others have had, or that Samsung has a solution to offer.

0 Likes