Original topic:

Induction Cooktop NZ30K7880US - Strong Smell

(Topic created: 08-05-2021 02:18 PM)
userljAbnOLA9r
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have had this induction cooktop for 4 years and it has been ok so far.  I had a few issues with the temperature regulation that other people were talking about and error msg when getting a little wet, but nothing major. 

1  1/2 weeks ago it suddenly started to emit a really strong burnt smell under the cooktop (in the cabinet). I have had two technicians look at it so far, and they have no idea what it could be. Everything seems to be working fine, but the smell is horrible. I had stopped using the cooktop because I was worried that there is actually something burning/melting inside. The technician today told me that I could keep using it, but the smell is so bad that I have to open the window to be able to work in the kitchen. This should not happen with a $2000 cooktop. 

Has anyone else experienced this and has a solution? Not only that the smell bothers me; I feel that I cannot safely use the cooktop. 

0 Likes
2 Replies
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I will be happy to look in to your case. Please send a recent ticket number, or the serial number, to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Good morning, I just wanted to follow up to see if you are still in need of assistance?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes