JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Inherited our Samsung refrigerator when we bought the house

(Topic created: 11-18-2021 04:43 AM)
userk9lcmfJ7Or
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
  • In July 2016. At first we were impressed. Then, a year in, it was leaking water into the floor from water pooling under the crisper drawers and freezing under the cooling drawer. We had to go in every few weeks to mop it out and break out the ice later. Googled it and found it was due to a clogged drain in the back wall of the unit. Then the ice maker started freezing up. Defrosted that multiple times. Found out that is a known defect with multiple Samsung models and is not fixable. We bought a countertop ice maker and just refill the ice maker bucket from that. Then, last month we noticed the fridge wasn't cooling as it should. Wouldn't go lower than 48 degrees and food was going bad. The whole back wall was again frozen. Pulled everything out of the (very large) refrigerator and unplugged it for 24 hours to defrost the back. It's working okay again, but it shouldn't be happening.
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I understand the ice maker failing and leaking can be frustrating, and I will be happy to look in to your case. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link. If the PM link is not working for you, you can click on my name and send me a private message directly from my profile.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@userk9lcmfJ7Or I hate to say this, but I think that you discovered why the former owners left the refrigerator behind. 

The refrigerator is now 5+ years old. Are you looking for repair suggestions? 

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I understand the ice maker failing and leaking can be frustrating, and I will be happy to look in to your case. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link. If the PM link is not working for you, you can click on my name and send me a private message directly from my profile.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
userCauKUF74Ej
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

If this is a 2016 and you seen ice on the panel then the sensor in wrong place . remove the tar tape over copper line. This holds ice. If the Panel is heavy now the water inside the foam and will all-way freeze  up again. and the drain heater in not in the  drain hole. ice pushes it up bending it. Dirt and mold to a clogged drain nipple. The problem with the ice house will never be fix until the door mold  ice slide in fixed. same problem over 10 yr now. They have tried many fix's not going to work. due to air leaks.

0 Likes
user9WrGlYpcOF
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We got this French-door refrigerator when we bought our house. We have had the issue of the ice maker freezing over for the past 3 years. Now, the vents are freezing up and we’re getting water under the deli drawer. We are not repairmen and did not want to attempt repairs on a 7-year-old refrigerator (nor should we have to). So, we had a repairman out yesterday who said the back panel was frozen and needed to be replaced. It’s on order, but now we have to unplug the refrigerator for 24/48 hours to get rid of the excess ice. Solution? Call a repairman or buy a new refrigerator (certainly not a Samsung). This is a known issue and no one seems to care about the consumers who have been living with this problem for years. 

0 Likes