cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Intermittent Oven Heating Issue NX58M6630SS

We purchased gas stove/oven model NX58M6630SS in March of 2019. While it's been great up until a few days ago, we recently found that periodically the oven doesn't want to heat up past the start of 175. The broiler and the burners both work so the appliance is getting gas but convection bake and/or roast seems to be having trouble. We tried flipping the breaker and resetting the oven which seemed to work initially but last night we ran into the same issue. We turn on Convection Roast to 350, the display changes to 175 and after a few moments the gas turns on and we hear the woompf of the oven starting. You can see the light from the flames as well as feel the heat but it stays at 175. Thankfully if I turn it off and wait for a bit and then try again it will successfully heat up to 350. 

Ironically, our previous oven stopped igniting and wasn't fixed by replacing the ignitor which is what led us to replacing it with this Samsung. Of course, it is past the year warranty but it's less than two years old which seems ridiculous -- even more so when this seems to be a known issue! Plus, if it is a known issue, shouldn't Samsung fix this even after the first year??? 

Is there something we should consider doing now before it completely stops working? We certainly don't want to be left in the cold when we plan to use our oven for a meal. Might it just need a new ignitor switch? If so, where would we purchase said part?

Thanks in advance for any help!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Intermittent Oven Heating Issue NX58M6630SS

This is something that would require service. If you send me a private message with your model and serial number I would be more than happy to look into this further.  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have a similar problem with my NX58K7850SS. I bought it in July of 2019. Now - 2 months out of warranty - we turn the oven on to preheat, and it flashes AM, then PM, then the oven turns off. 

Of course, it's hard to tell what temperature we've set...because some of LEDs have also already gone out!

Really? Two months out of warranty? Any ideas?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@Samsung_NPa0lrw    I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number to this PM Link, and we will look in to this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.