Original topic:

Latest update... FAILURE!

(Topic created: 07-30-2021 12:23 PM)
Valkyrie1
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Latest update/upgrade deleted my photos, calendars and all personal data. Why can't Samsung, in this electronic Era, hire folks who know how to write integrating software? Why can't I remove/replace the Samsung pics and replace them with my own? It merges my choices on top of the default pics. What a **bleep** up mess of an upgrade. I spent $6000 on a Samsung frig, dw and w/d only to get skunked. My grandkids want to know why g'pa deleted their stuff!
 Me too!
5 Replies
user2W64Sl7gFp
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

First, I'll be disparaging Samsung every chance I get. If you're thinking about it. Do not by this fridge. Even if you like it today they don't give a **bleep** what you like and it could be taken from you any time. The way I see it they damaged my property with this update since literally half the functions I used were changed/removed/broken

It was such a tragic mistake I made by updating without checking the web first. I wish it wasn't hyperbole but the Family hub is useless to me now. Main functionality we used are gone. In my head it was near perfect before, and now it's a disaster. All they needed to do was add the youtube video ability and leave the rest alone.

1. They removed multiple weather widgets on the home screen. Yes we had 4 showing weather where my extended family lives. It was nice at a glance to see what weather was like when talking to people. Now only one can be added.

2. Sync with Outlook broken. We had a central calendar account that we all had sync'd to our phones AND computers so we could add things anywhere it would show up on the fridge.

3. Website icons on the home screen switched from favicons to the stupid little boxes that don't show anything useful. Clutters up the homepage. It was FINE before.

4. Can't remove the smart recipes page. I guess since it doesn't auto-switch to it means I can possibly forget it is there but why remove basic functionality like removing a page you don't want. Having it there is not going to make me use your crappy app solution.

5. Alexa is crappy and slow

6. Can't remove the clock at the top.

7. Memos were fine before. We had an area where we could see 3-4 easily and add and remove them. Terrible now.

If Samsung is listening. Give me back my old software or this will be the last Samsung device I ever buy. Such a terrible experience this is.

userkD9J4y7Iy6
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Exactly! I am severely disappointed in Samsung.

Valkyrie1
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
What will we lose in the next " can't live without " , envaluable upgrade that no CEO cares about when it disrupts our lives.
ErikBailey
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Agree - just updated our fridge and now have lost the Shopping List widget - we can no longer see the shopping list directly on the main screen. That's a real bummer - it adds clicks (taps) where there doesn't need to be. Hopefully these issues will be sorted out in upcoming updates... (regarding the default pics - I was able to long-press on them and delete them)

useru55zhX7O2x
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The list no longer allows you to change categories on an item. For me, this means practically everything ends up in "Other" and many items are categorized incorrectly for my grocery store. 

Also, the default list seems to be the first one titled alphabetically. For me, that's Home Depot. My grocery store is Walmart. I have to jump through hoops to get to it. 

Finally, I cannot see any list on my phone. The Smart(yeah, right)Things app recognizes the refrigerator but when I go to view the lists, there's just a generic shopping list, no mention of the ones I actually have on the refrigerator. 

This update has turned a reasonably useful device into a useless piece of junk. It would be easier for me to go back to paper lists.