cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userrSAfNOGsbp
Astronaut

Leak and rust on the stainless steel back panel - Samsung French Door Refrigerator model RFG237AARS/

Hello, we bought the Samsung French Door Refrigerator Stainless Steel Model Number RFG237AARS/XAA in 2011.  It looks like there is some manufacturing/material defect as there is water leakage and rust on the backside of the refrigerator.  I noticed that there is a post with at least one other person with the same problem.

We had 1-year manufacturer warranty and 60 months protection plan from Sears.  But, in this case it is difficult to notice the problem because it is on the backside of the refrigerator where no one goes and looks at the backside of the refrigerator once it's installed. 

I cleaned the rust that was exuding out of the leak area and the rust stains that ran down the back to better see what the problem is.  Also, the hole is so thin that white frost is forming on it from the inside cold of the refrigerator.

Refrig Leak IMG_9591.jpgBackside of RefrigeratorRefrig Leak IMG_9592.jpgBackside of Refrigerator

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Leak and rust on the stainless steel back panel - Samsung French Door Refrigerator model RFG2...

Hey! Thank you for reaching out, could you send me a private message with your full model and serial number?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userKdyBnwVh42
Constellation

Re: Leak and rust on the stainless steel back panel - Samsung French Door Refrigerator model RFG2...

We just discovered the same exact problem with our fridge, also purchased in 2011.  There is a spot in the back that is rusted out.  The freezer is no longer functioning properly and now water is leaking all over the floor going back to the wall.  Is there someone I can contact about this issue?  Thank you! 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userKdyBnwVh42 I'm sorry to hear that, is there any damges to your home? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userKdyBnwVh42
Constellation

We don't think so.  I think it was caught early enough.  We would really like to just get the fridge repaired.  The repair place we contacted advised us to contact Samsung as this looks like a manufacture defect and not a nomal issue, it looks like other have also had the same problem.  Can you advise who we should talk to?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

This type of issue will need to be addressed by having the unit serviced. Since it is out of warranty, you can use the following link to find a list of service centers near you that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location