cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Live view stopped working with latest Samsung update

After the recent Samsung family hub software version (TIZEN 4.0), my ring doorbell camera view stopped working. The ring app version on the family hub is up-to-date (4.1.12)

I am seeing the following message "Video streaming is not available due to the network problem" (attached screenshot) and Im 100% sure is not a network problem

What I tried:

1.) Made sure that the doorbell and the family hub connected to the same network

2.) Deleted app's cache and logged into the app

3.) Restarted the Hub

PS 1: I am able to see the live stream of the doorbell camera from the mobile app.

PS 2: I am able to see live stream of other stick cameras that I have without any problem from the family hub

20201004_132849.jpg

34 REPLIES 34
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Live view stopped working with latest Samsung update

Same problem here.  Nothing seems to fix it but it works fine via the app, or all my Alexa devices.  This is a bit frustrating!

Highlighted
Asteroid

Same here. All other cams are working fine though. I can sometimes view my history - if I'm persistent, but mostly I get the same issue. All other platforms are working flawless. Even did a complete reset of the Samsung Hub and that didn't work either. So must be a software issue... It was such a handy feature.

Highlighted
Constellation

@Moderator : Any help with this issue? And also if I want to remove Ring app, how can I do that? Uninstall button is disabled. I wanted to try my luck with uninstall and install of the app.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I would be more than happy to look into this for you which model fridge do you have?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: Live view stopped working with latest Samsung update

Model:RF27T5501SR/AA

that's my model, I created the topic
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I recommend collecting the following information and email it to familyhub.sec@samsung.com :

Explanation of the issue

Samsung account username
Model and serial number of the refrigerator (found on the inside left wall of the refrigerator compartment)
The version of the mobile app (select More options in the top right and then select About)
The Family Hub's software version (found in Settings > About Family Hub)

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

I am having exactly the same issue.  I will email samsung as recommended above.  If anyone hears of a fix, please post it.  Thanks.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: Re: Live view stopped working with latest Samsung update

I'm still waiting
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

who marked this as the solution? this is not the solution, I sent an email with the information requested and nobody came back to me