cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

MC17F808KD microwave louder noise

I do not know if this is the right forum, but did not see one for microwaves.

My MC17F808KD microwwave was not heating and I assumed it needed a ne w magnatron (sp?).  This has been for about 6 months - and I stopped using it - we were not having any repair people  into the house.  However, I just read about the Demo mode, and sure enough, it was on demo mode, so I toggled it to "off".  I tried heating a cup of water, but the microwave made a deep buzzzing sound, and I turned it off.  Tried again, same thing.  

What could this noise be?  I did not run it long enough to see if it heated the water.  

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: MC17F808KD microwave louder noise

While the microwave is operating, it is normal for it to make a low humming or buzzing sound. This happens for several reasons but is most commonly due to magnetron oscillation (when the microwave is heating), the vent fan running, or both. It is also normal for the volume of the microwave to slightly increase with age.

If the volume of this noise is significantly louder than it was a month ago, service is recommended. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange process.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed.

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message one of our moderators to have service processed. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

- If you're OUT of warranty, you the following link to locate a service center in your area by using the link below

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.