JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

ME21K7010DG turning on vent and inputting commands by itself - safety issue

(Topic created on: 10/2/20 8:08 PM)
user6UmngSqHuO
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi, I have a Samsung Microwave ME21K7010DG that is turning on by itself throughout the day and night. Often times it will self input digits and the exhaust vent will turn on. I have tried everything from unplugging the unit and cleaning the button pad. I'm worried it will turn itself on in the middle of the night and start a fire or something dangerous. What is the fix for this?

0 Likes
7 Replies
Solution
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We're sorry to hear that! Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number so that we can look into this for you: Link

View solution in context

0 Likes
userfH08uMjuq6
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Samsung Microwave ME21K7010DG - Vent Turns on by itself

I have the same issue with the same model.

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@userfH08uMjuq6 Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number: Link

0 Likes
userupQJkeN1t4
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have the same issue with microwave vent and other features self starting Model #ME21K7010DG please send me solution. 

0 Likes
lawinner
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have the same issue with my Samsung Microwave ME21K7010DG which is turning on by itself. The vent turned on and the handle is hot. I clieck view solution in original post or solution but no solution is found.

0 Likes
lawinner
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My issue turned out to be intermittent. I found workaround solution by turning the microwave off OVERNIGHT to prevent hazard, just in case it turns on in the middle of the night. So, I set the microwave on a timer to turn on at 7:00am and off at 8:00pm, when at least when someone is "around". Definitely when I plan to be out of home for while, the microwave will have to be unplugged. And it has been working ok so far. I will keep the microwave for one more year and discard it when I maximize my return on investment.

0 Likes
userjVy7V5mcW5
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have a samsung microwave ME21K7010DG and it has been doing the same thing for over 2 years.  Have called samsung no fix.  turn off, unplug, stand on head use left hand.  You get the drift.  Have they ever come up with a fix.  I have a house full of samsung products and this microwave and our ice maker are driving me crazy

0 Likes