JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to avoid annoying pop ups on Meal Planner app?

(Topic created: 05-14-2020 12:03 AM)
userYlAe3zaB3o
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

With a recent update, it seems Samsung has added a Meal Planner app. I don't want this app, do not use it, and have no desire to use it. However, every 1 or 2 days, the app displays a pop up on the screen about "Culinary Inspirations." See image below.

I spoke with a Samsung support person and she said the app cannot be removed because it is built in. 

Indeed, if I am in the App program group and touch Settings, when I select the Meal Planning app, two options are listed: Uninstall and Clear Data. Uninstall, which I want to do, is greyed out and not selectable. Selecting Clear Data does not stop the pop ups.

How can i stop this app from spamming my screen with pop up messages??IMG_20200509_091327_1.jpg

11 Replies
Solution
userJQFzgwgYTl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

we added Daily-Tip for recipe recommendation and Others on FH5.

if you don't see the Daily-Tip, Please execute as below.

1.  Settings icon on Home screen of Fridge.

2. Click Notifications on Settings View.

3. Turn off Smart Pop-up.

userYlAe3zaB3o
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Found it. Thank you.

0 Likes
userFaFWnbc7ng
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!!

0 Likes
useruDVgcPfxHA
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This didn't work for me.  The only thing I see there is something about a summary pop-up.  I disabled that but I still get these annoying culinary inspiration pop-up.  They are always wrong and I wouldn't want them even if they were right.

0 Likes
userAzObFVq0ZG
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This was making me crazy too! I think I may have found the solution by accident while looking for something else. On the list of apps, click on Daily Tips. There will be a Settings icon, mine was on the middle right side, click on it. There you can disable the daily tips. I just did mine an hour ago and so far so good so I'm very hopeful!! Good luck 🙂

0 Likes
userH7B10piJft
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thanks. I was about to get rid of my fridge and get an LG. That stupid pop up shows up any time it wants and blocks the TV. I hate that app. Samsung should kill it.

user0rW6Ww1L5B
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Has anyone found how to stop these annoying pop-ups? The solution above doesn't work. I am still getting the same pop-ups.
usermmg1oOxwL6
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

No and im about to force the store i got mine at to take a return,its plays a stupid chime sound when it see's you walk past it regardless of the time of day it is,sneak up at 2am to get a sip of water and the chime plays at like 60 decibels waking the whole house,we already replaced all the samsung tvs in the house because of forced ads,when you pay almost 5k for a fridge you dont expect it to spam you with Ads,hope those ads are worth it to you samsung because i personally will never buy another one of your products after this,already replaced my phones with apple's and 2 of the three TVs in the house with LG's. i got a smart stove,washer and dryer with this fridge all will be going back over your greed and annoying ads.

user0rW6Ww1L5B
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I completely agree with you. I have the same problem with that annoying chime at any time of the day or night and no way to turn it off. Should have known better than to let the update go through. A $4k fridge should NOT be doing this. Zero reason why that app should not be removable.