Original topic:

Microwave ME21F707MJT/AA Control Panel

(Topic created on: 3/3/21 11:43 AM)
user0f2wUmcPfC
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Greetings! Has anyone been confronted with a defective control panel for the ME21F707MJT/AA? We bought ours in the fall of 2018, and immediately had the door / control panel replaced by a DISH tech. This one is also defective. It has a mind of its own, ranging from being totally unresponsive to turning on the fan and light by itself, displaying random numbers and text by itself, and other oddities. This happens every day and sometimes in the middle of the night. So far, it hasn't actually turned on by itself, which would be really dangerous. The first door was replaced for free, but subsequently, Samsung wanted to charge us for visits. Yes, it's been a long time, and it's way out of warranty, but we just want to know if this is unusual or a known problem with a solution. We tried all the recommended tricks to no avail. Thanks!

I just noticed that there are hundreds of messages, 6 pages worth, on this topic for other models. Apparently, this was an ongoing issue that should have resulted in either a recall or guaranteed free repair (which Samsung denied us). Had the same type of responses when we had TV problems. One would think a reputable company would jump at the chance to satisfy a customer.

1 Reply
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes