cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Microwave Model ME16H702SES Runs anytime the door is open

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My microwave recently started running on its own once the door is open.  I'm not sure if it is actually emitting microwaves when the door is open but the microwave lights on, it makes noise as if it were "microwaving" and the plate starts moving.  Has anyone experienced this before?  We've only had the microwave for about 4 years.   I've never had a microwave run when the door is open or have any issues with any other microwave in just a short amount of time.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Microwave Model ME16H702SES Runs anytime the door is open

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We've gotten you set for service.  The reference number is 4151113469.  The service center will follow up with you directly to schedule the appointment. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user4yQhPkN5WS We're sorry to hear that! Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number: Link

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user4yQhPkN5WS I have not heard of any solution to this after sending details on my microwave.  What would be the next steps?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize. We sent a private message to you on July 11th asking for the following information:

We can have this serviced for you. Can you please provide the following information:

Place of purchase:
First and Last Name:
Physical Street Address:
City, State, and Zip Code:
Home phone number:
Alternate phone number:
Email address:
Preferred method to be reached by service center (SMS, email, or phone): 

Please send this to the following PM Link when you can.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just encountered this problem yesterday.  Where can I send the serial number and other info to start working towards a fix?

Thanks,

Rand

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same for me.  What is the remedy?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We've gotten you set for service.  The reference number is 4151113469.  The service center will follow up with you directly to schedule the appointment. 

View solution in original post

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello! Just checking in to see how the repair is going.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, service came out and were able to repair the microwave.  It looks like it was related to a part from the door.  It was not detecting properly when it was open or closed.  Thank you for having this scheduled for us.  We are super happy it was simple and we have our microwave working again!

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just purchased today, October 29, 2019, from a Home Depot in Frederick MD, this very microwave.  The first one I brought him did this, so I returned it and brought back a second one, within an hour.  Just installed it and its doing the same thing!  I asked them if they would check it for me before I left the store and the manager said it was a flook with the first one and the second one should be fine.  Well, its not.  So I researched the problem and found this forum.  Could you please advise me on how to remedy this?  Thanks.