cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userE7mwUMyKD1
Constellation

Microwave Oven Informational Code C-DO

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Cleaning people came today and when I got home my microwave was displaying informational code C-DO. I pushed and held numerous buttons and it won't clear. The model number is MC17J8000CS. The user manual tells me that the control buttons were pushed and held for over 10-seconds. There is no water on the surface around any key.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
userE7mwUMyKD1
Constellation

Re: Microwave Oven Informational Code C-DO

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sounds like your issues are bigger than mine. All of my appliances (package deal) have worked without issue, this clean crew debacle notwithstanding. What I discovered was that the cleaning crew was spraying cleaners directly on the keypad and fried the circuitry within the push-button controls of the microwave/convection oven door. Samsung warranty was barely expired (figures) and I didn't want some yahoo from American Home Shield messing with it. Long story short I was presented with two options. I could either 1.) Have the Samsung certified repairman replace the entire door to the tune of $350 which he brought with him to the service call (they don't offer the option to simply replace the electronics/keypad); or 2.) Place the onus on myself and replace the entire unit for $400+. However, in addition to that $400+ purchase, I would have to also consider the time needed to go to the store, select a new unit with matching dimensions to fit inside the existing cabinets (pending wife approval-not an easy task), bring it home, set it up for internal venting, remove the old unit (not an easy task), install the new unit (not an easy task), and then finally dispose of the 2 yr old unit responsibly. In the end, $350 was a good deal when you consider all of the other factors.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send your serial number to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userqqhok3d9U1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have same error code and of course my warranty is barely expired. I purchased the whole fancy kitchen set at over $8000. My ice maker in my fridge never works, my dishwasher has had 2 service calls from ABT. If I knew how many problems I would have had even though I like Samsung the best, I would have went with Bosch. I thought because there TV’s were amazing the appliances would have been too. I called Samsung they can’t even tell me how much it will cost to fix. I apparently need a new motherboard, sounds like a new microwave would probably be cheaper. Warning don’t buy Samsung unless you can afford extended warranty forever. I am reaching out to the office of the president hopefully they will back there expensive products. Phone support says nothing they can do.....

Highlighted
userE7mwUMyKD1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sounds like your issues are bigger than mine. All of my appliances (package deal) have worked without issue, this clean crew debacle notwithstanding. What I discovered was that the cleaning crew was spraying cleaners directly on the keypad and fried the circuitry within the push-button controls of the microwave/convection oven door. Samsung warranty was barely expired (figures) and I didn't want some yahoo from American Home Shield messing with it. Long story short I was presented with two options. I could either 1.) Have the Samsung certified repairman replace the entire door to the tune of $350 which he brought with him to the service call (they don't offer the option to simply replace the electronics/keypad); or 2.) Place the onus on myself and replace the entire unit for $400+. However, in addition to that $400+ purchase, I would have to also consider the time needed to go to the store, select a new unit with matching dimensions to fit inside the existing cabinets (pending wife approval-not an easy task), bring it home, set it up for internal venting, remove the old unit (not an easy task), install the new unit (not an easy task), and then finally dispose of the 2 yr old unit responsibly. In the end, $350 was a good deal when you consider all of the other factors.

View solution in original post